Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • sad day :( dealergaragetrackworld content
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

Im about to pick up my dream(ish)car in some garage (Motorxxxxx, Birmingham).. everything checks out with the car (examined it with fine tooth comb) and paperworks is all sorted till we are about to submit the V62 and taxed the car…
    Dealer informed me the lost V5 from the previous owner (Enterprise Fleet/Rentals) and salesman said easy to sort out as he do this all the time using V62 as fleet cars from time to time when they bought it from auction have some has missing V5’s .. so salesman and me went to post office (test drive at the same time) to submit and pay the form till the lady in the till said it won’t push through as previous owner might/did not send that “trade” paper thingy.. 😐 ..so we went back to the garage and salesman went to office with his manager then it seems all hell broke loose in that small office maybe busy sorting it out calling DVLA and Enterprise … and salesman went back to me telling me they would do everything they can today so I can drive it home and also told me in worst case that they could not fix it today they will lend me courtesy car of my choice in the garage till it is sorted out.. but told them, i’m having none of it, sort this today or deal is off and my money back.. and seems it is impossible to sort it today as it is already 4pm , they gave me form to fill out where I want my money back, and as I was filling it, manager come out and very apologetic and exlained to me where/what the root of the problem from and even offer me his own car till everything is sorted.. In my attempt to be sensible I told him I want my PX car back and put everything on hold till the end of the week to sort them out…

my question is, does this thing possible to happen even in big franchise motortrade dealer? and did I make the right decision? (I really like the car 🙁 )

..and how soon can they fix this realistically?

sorry for the long rant

footflaps

Can’t you wait one day for a car you’ll probably keep for years?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

and did I make the right decision? (I really like the car )

I don’t think so. The dealer does seem to be doing everything in their power to keep you happy.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Yep admin mess up, log books get lost new cars break down, keys go missing as the customer walks into the dealer.
    I appreciate its a lot of money and a stressful time but why not just take the loan car till it’s all sorted and ask for a small discount or more likely the next service FOC or even just a tank of fuel???
    It’s a bit poor but things go wrong in every trade especially when your dealing with multiple departments and half a dozen people all involved.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

I told him I will wait till end of the week.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

it’s not a defender is it? 😉

Rorschach
    Free Member

Either,
    You don’t really want it.
    You like making peoples-who are trying to the the right thing-lives a misery.
    You are a bit special.
    Or a bit of all 3.

enfht
    Free Member

Your car will now become magnetic and be worth less by Friday.

nealglover
    Free Member

…but told them, i’m having none of it, sort this today or deal is off and my money back..

I would say they will be better off giving you your money back, and selling the car next week once it’s sorted, to a customer who is less high maintenance.

It’s a short term admin mess up, and it seems like they are bending over backwards to keep you happy, hardly a deal breaker to most reasonable people.

wwaswas

You do seem to have deprammed your toys a bit over an admin problem.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Does it end in depot? I bought my car from there in Jan. I had a great experience with no dramas whatsoever.

njee20
    Free Member

+another to all of the above to ‘diva strop’.

garage-dweller

Admin screw up and a little OTT in reaction.

However I think you did the right thing hanging onto your car for a couple of legal and practical reasons I won’t bore you with the detail of. If something goes wrong with the deal later it can cause proper headaches unpicking an early trade in.

vorlich
    Free Member

Personally, I wouldn’t be happy about any several thousand pound transaction where the seller doesn’t have the correct paperwork in place. They do this shit for a living, and if they can’t ensure everything is in place beforehand then that’s on them.

hanchurch
    Free Member

What’s is the car?

Bregante

deprammed your toys

🙂

I concur

wolfenstein
    Free Member

To be clear, cant fault the garage they are ok people but that paperwork v26 thingy, i only learned about that earlier as was informed V5 is lost when i collect the car and is easy fix and nothing to worry about till it becomes apparent that it is not an easy fix at all. And I dont want to be in a position where (touch wood) things get more complicated and I will be force to just choose any car within their garage as replacement because well my px car they will already sold.. the thing is whenever i am in a position of not understanding things my first port of call is always take a step back . They assure me tomorrow first thing they would sort it out and give me exact date for car to be collected with all complete papers. Its just a car at the end of the day ànd there will always something like that would come along

tonyg2003

Seems that you had a flounce of the highest order. The garage messed up but you get the car you want tomorrow….

jeffl

Yep, admin cock-up these things happen. Garage seem to have been trying their best to rectify it. Personally I would have taken a sporty little number off the forecourt for a few days whilst they sorted it. Hate to say it but you do seem to have had a bit of an overreaction.

MrSmith
    Free Member

FFS. I clicked on this expecting a dead family pet or having to sell your grandads watch.
    A poxy car. 😯

outofbreath
    Free Member

Assuming you’ve been polite and friendly you’ve done the right thing.

No doubt it will all be sorted and you can do the deal at the end of the week.

iainc

Wonder how the thread on : sad day:( preciousbuyerworld content is going…… 😀

PePPeR

Oh did they mention that it could take up to 6 weeks to sort out without a V5c? 🙁

BigJohn

I can’t see anything wrong with the OP’s action. To hand over your money and px but not go home with the car you wanted sounds a little naïve.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Yea I can’t see anything wrong with what the OP has said. Maybe it’s worded a bit aggressively up there but that’s it. I won’t trust another car dealer fully after BMW in Stoke **** me over.

Matt24k
    Free Member

I won’t trust another car dealer fully after BMW in Stoke **** me over.

One bad apple and all that? How are you with trusting all women after a failed relationship. Car dealers, women, lawyers, police officers etc. they’re all the same.
    Get a grip.

julians
    Free Member

Never trust a car dealer,and definitely never hand over money/part exchanges without getting the car you wanted. You did the right thing.

If it were me the deal would be off permanently

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sounds like you wanted to get angry at somebody…

It’s a business deal, always try and remember these things. Your opportunity was to get something more on your end of the deal, simply saying you’d keep your car and be down there to pick it up in a few days would probably go a long way if followed by asking for it to be full of fuel, fully taxed and knock a couple of hundred off for the inconvenience.

but told them, i’m having none of it, sort this today or deal is off and my money back.. and seems it is impossible to sort it today as it is already 4pm

As the DVLA, banks and all that will be closing at 5pm chances of something happening in the time remaining with you sat there are slim. How would that sort of situation work in your place of business?

I though for a moment it was going to end up with it being stolen, copied VIN’s, dodgy docs or an insurance write off.

Breath, chill and probably apologise if they sort it out promptly. If it’s the perfect car then give them a little time to deal with a bunch of stuff outside their control.

(and while your waiting head off and read some of the cancer threads) #FirstWorldProblems

rOcKeTdOg

No car is worth that hassle, walk away there’ll always be another one

As the DVLA, banks and all that will be closing at 5pm chances of something happening in the time remaining with you sat there are slim. How would that sort of situation work in your place of business?

We’d stay beyond our contracted hours & finish the patient’s operation

mikewsmith
    Free Member

We’d stay beyond our contracted hours & finish the patient’s operation

I guess that’s a real life or death situation 😉

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Crikey. Sorry about the words tbh i sometimes have poor choices of words in writing as this is not my first language.

No aggressive exchange of words whatsoever..more like dissapointed sad words used as they are, i want to be angry but no one to blame as im not the one dealing where they bought it from..they probably angry/disapointed with auction people where they get it from. .. the car is sparkly clean with all HpI and Vosa mileage check and all… only previous people where they bought it from did not handover that trade paper thingy is the glitch. Im sure they can sort this but how quick. I will know today.

Gesture would be nice though 😀 as i didnt haggle in price and px as it is the price im prepared to pay on the spot. Its tempting about those courtesy cars but say i just go back my car and put everything on hold but filled refund paperwork to be ready in case more problem arise. Hopefully today is going to be a better day than yesterday

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Commenting after that second post OP (where you explained you just had a reasonable conversation at the dealers), I guess you did do the right thing ie. putting the deal on hold.

I’d say though, from the way they treated you, a good company who made a genuine mistake. Good customer service is easy when everything’s going to plan. Good customer service (which is what you got) after something like your situation is what sorts the shitty companies from the good un’s. I’d give them to the end of the week and probably more for “your dream car” from a dealer who obviously cares.

Out of interes, what’s the car?

hora
    Free Member

The service history is present right? You have seen it? With your own eyes?

Enterprise don’t use main dealer servicing. From memory it’s national tyres and thats only for essentials. Most of them go 30k with one or zero servicing before being punted on all.

If this is the case you can’t resell as FSH, itd be part.

Was the car particularly cheap? It’s had a vast amount of different drivers learning the clutch bite point, gear shift and parking. It’ll have numerous smart repairs too.

This IS worsecase scenario but I’ve hired a number of their cheap weekend deals over the years. I wouldnt buy one.

P-Jay
    Free Member

hanchurch – Member

What’s is the car?

That’s what I was thinking – I can’t equate “car of my dreams” with ‘ex rental fleet car’ – practical car, yes, nice, well priced etc.

PePPeR

I’d also agree with the comments above about it being an ex rental, Enterprise cars above all else have the very minimum done to them! From my extensive use of hire vehicles Thrifty maintain and look after their cars the best of all the rental fleets we use.

bigyinn
    Free Member

If I was the OP, and I really wanted the car, whats the problem to wait a week or so?
    If the car and the deal is right, just be patient.

We bought our first house last year, originally intending to move in mid-June, due to a few delays and the fact the sellers went on a cruise in July we eventually moved in in August.
    Frustrating, but no point in getting stressed about something you cant influence.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Well dream car is 330dMsport..but due to my long mileage 320dMsport with all all toys will suffice. Dream thingy is subjective by the way.. 1st service is done BMW its in the electronic thingy in the car.. its 20mileage and garage serviced it but cannot update car computer and give me paperwork instead. .by the way salesman email and car was put in trade so he will try post office again..if all is well i may be able to pick it up today 🙂 🙂 🙂

P-Jay
    Free Member

wolfenstein – Member

Well dream car is 330dMsport..but due to my long mileage 320dMsport with all all toys will suffice. Dream thingy is subjective by the way.. 1st service is done BMW its in the electronic thingy in the car.. its 20mileage and garage serviced it but cannot update car computer and give me paperwork instead. .by the way salesman email and car was put in trade so he will try post office again..if all is well i may be able to pick it up today 🙂

Fair enough, nice car – I wondered why anyone would be getting all giddy over a base spec Mondeo in a funny colour – that all what the local fleets to be seem to be.

I_Ache
    Free Member

wolfenstein
    Well dream car is 330dMsport..but due to my long mileage 320dMsport

Pretty much exactly what my thoughts were when I got **** over by BMW in Stoke. I didn’t find out that they had cocked up until 3 weeks after I got the car.

The 20d has a surprising turn of speed. It doesn’t feel fast at all but gets to motorway speeds a lot faster than it feels. Well it does in the auto, not driven a manual. Determined to get a 30d next time, I do way too many miles for a 35i to make sense.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘sad day :( dealergaragetrackworld content’ is closed to new replies.