Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 'sacrificial lamb' tyres for a crosser?
  • outlash
    Free Member

I’ve been railroaded (it hasn’t taken much to be fair) into doing the White Chalk hills ultracross on the 28th (more info here: http://velomorpha.cc/white-chalk-hills-ultracross-2015/ ). The same mate who’s doing the railroading has mentioned to me that the chalk infused trails ripped his tyres to shreds last year and I’m thinking it’ll be cheaper to buy some tough-as-old-boots cheaper tyres and thrash those rather than the tyres I normally use.

So far, I think my best bet is a pair of Schwalbe Land Cruisers for £20 a pair. Anyone got some suitable alternatives?

TIA.

Tony.

ssmith1979
    Free Member

I have a pair of 700c x 35c (I think) wire beaded nobby nic’s that came off a cross bike and are unlikely to ever be used. Pretty well brand new – no noticeable wear.

Welcome to take them off me if you are anywhere near Bristol. No charge…

Email in profile.

S.

kilo

+1 for the landcruisers. I did the wiggle cx sportive over chalky chilterns and my vittorias got ripped to ****

outlash
    Free Member

That’s a very decent offer, but unfortunately I live in Cambridgeshire so not quite down the road. Thank you though.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Rode the SDW on 35mm Landcruisers. Not a slice or mark on them at the end. Wierd!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘'sacrificial lamb' tyres for a crosser?’ is closed to new replies.