Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Saalbach Hinterglemm
  • nsbikescore1
    Free Member

I think I asked this a few years back but does anyone have recent experience of riding here? We are looking for way marked trails enough for a week with some nice peddally long tracks rather than full on dh.
    Cheers

kayak23

Yes. Was there in the summer. It’s brilliant. I really liked it. I was riding my mega and enjoyed everything but particularly enjoyed the Hackleberg trail and the x-line.

The Hackleberg is more of a ‘trail’ in that there is a big climb at the start and the gradient is less steep.

The x-line is a great playground, some is quite steep and technical with some big ladder drops
    etc but can ride it all.

I think it’s a great area and a welcome change of feel to Morzine etc.

I’m fairly sure there is some great trail riding there, lift-assisted but as I was only passing through on a road trip, we stuck to the park.

Recommend.

nsbikescore1
    Free Member

Thanks kayak, that sounds promising and I too will be taking my mega 🙂 be cool
    to check out the park and the trails.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’m planning a trip there for next year for 3 to 4 days – i’ve a work colleague who’s got a place there so can get mates rates. What do most people do? take their own bikes or rent there? I’d like to take my own bike and if there are enough of us we’ll rent a van and drive rather than fly, but not sure of the relative costs and logistics issues.
    Cheers

alpin
    Free Member

Yeah, it’s good.

As said hackelberg trail is more trailsy,but the climb is short,but sharp. 20 mins/100hm riding for ~1000hm descent.

Worth using the lifts to get up out of the valley and onto the tops of the big hills. Some great stuff to the south. Either a long ride back or a bus ride from Zell.

Look to stay somewhere that offers the jockercard.gives access to all the lift and one ride per day up from Leogang.

engineeringcowboy
    Free Member

Yeah, its good they seem to be adding more and more every year probably been there around 5 times now. Always stay here

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Saalbach Hinterglemm’ is closed to new replies.