Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • SAAB going again?
  • aP
    Free Member

Well, TBH it must be quite hard for a swedish car company that’s selling a badge engineered Vectra made in a German car factory to continue doing it, particularly when they have no further connection with the parent company.
    volvo will undoubtedly be going the same way too once Ford stop supplying the basics for all their cars to them.

5lab

except ford didn’t really supply the parts. some volvos are built on the same platform as some fords – however this more relates to the design of the cars. As far as I know, all the metal pressing would be done on-site. A lot of components are bought in (for instance shocks, springs, ecus) from 3rd parties so they won’t have a problem – the only thing that might be tricky is engines, but I would think that the sell off would make some provision for providing engines for the existing model years for x years. I’d think that geely are probably able to build engines for themselves as well

Gachet
    Free Member

There’s a couple of 11 plate Saabs in my work carpark. I hope they got a good discount as they look vastly overpriced for what they are.

hora
    Free Member

Woosh Volvo production will be swiftly whisked away to China at somepoint me thinks.

1/2nd/3rd tier suppliers supply alot of the kit that goes into most modern cars doesnt it? i.e. Bosch supply a/c’s etc etc and theres a Welsh-based company that supplies switchgear, dash instruments etc to alot of them. etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SAAB going again?’ is closed to new replies.