Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Saab 9-5: worth the £475 annual VED?
  • hora
    Free Member

Following on from

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/saab-9-5-23t-estate-advice-please

Ive found a decent 06 Vector 2.3T but its 475 a year tax…. but then its alot of car relatively cheap so swing and roundabouts…

Mad?

winston
    Free Member

05 2.3T Vector Sport Estate bought 3 years old with 41k on clock
    I had it for 2.5 years in which time it needed:

ABS Collars x 2 (they had corroded….in three years?)
    Power steering gubbins
    Various engine problems which meant the dashboard invariably looked like an xmas tree
    Xenon light sensors (convinently situated under the wheel arch for maximum exposure to corrosion)
    Xenon light unit – I was actually quoted £750 plus fitting for this – thats one light unit!

This was all in addition to the worlds most expensive servicing (and I’ve had a merc) plus I presume platinum brake discs with gold pads going by the cost.

and the washer jets broke (somehow!)

Shame really as it was a beautiful car to drive and looked great in black with leather heated seats etc

tonyg2003

well it’s going to cost you $245 a year more than a pre-march 06. If the deal saves you overall more than that you should probably go for it. Going to be a bit of a tough resale though.

nosedive
    Free Member

No. Mad as a box of frogs. I ran a 9000 turbo before the silly tax regime. It made me laugh like a madman when it wasnt in the garage

Gribs

No, but only because the Dame Edna’s look crap and you should be looking for an Aero.

joolsburger
    Free Member

^this.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Saab 9-5: worth the £475 annual VED?’ is closed to new replies.