Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • S-Works Epic rear shock question.
  • Bream
    Free Member

Had my S-Works Epic WC for a year now, used for race duties mainly so no winter mud or high useage.

Took it out yesterday to blow the cob webs off before the first race of the year next Saturday and whilst checking it over was looking at the rear shock. Pressing the saddle down to check shock travel it’s started to make a new noise, when moving through travel there’s a mixed noise, like oil and air pushing through the shock unit. Before it was quite.

The shock also seems to be blowing through travel easier now.

For those of you own this rear shock or know about them, any comments?

Does it need a service already? If so who’s the go to company for this Brain unit?

Tracey

We have had a couple of them fitted to Stumpjumpers, still got one and its been faultless since we bought the frame in 2013. Not had any service on it yet.
    Specialized UK have a suspension service department who are good to have a chat with and point you in the right direction. they have been first class when sorting out the problems we had with the Cane Creek rear shocks on the Enduros

Bream
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply Tracey, I’ve dropped them a line to see if they can help.

smashit
    Free Member

Have you actually ridden it? I’m not sure about the Epic shock, but if its been sitting for a while it might just need compressing properly a few times to get all the damper etc filled back up with oil.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘S-Works Epic rear shock question.’ is closed to new replies.