Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • S Works Enduro 650b, Reign Advanced 0, Patrol Carbon? .which one and why?
  • pbooker1995
    Free Member

I’ve narrowed the next bike downtown to these two.

Can get them all through work and are all similarly priced.

Tempted by the S Works as its a great bike with Carbon wheels as standard.

The plan is to eventually stick on some Fox 36 and Float X2 shock.

I’ve ridden the reign and loved it and had an E29 which I wish I hadn’t sold but what does everyone else reckon. Will be used for local rides along with WES and SES next year.

Thanks

tomhoward

Which 2?

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Meant to change that to three

jamj1974

I have chosen between the Patrol Carbon and the S-Works Enduro. I chose the Patrol because: –
    – Been riding an S-Works Enduro for 8 years
    – Don’t like the bespoke shock mount on the Enduro

Was my choice the right one…? Ask me in 6-weeks when I’ve received frame and ridden it.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

S Works as its a great bike with Carbon wheels as standard

yeah its a good deal at the price, light fast 150mm

Patrol, more enduro. Great bike.

Only ridden a stumpy so this is based on spec and geo

Im personally looking for a new light trail machine. S Works, Scout and this are in the frame http://www.orbea.com/gb-en/bicycles/occam-tr-mltd/

Very light, great spec geo. I have a Bronson otherwise Id go for the Patrol. Ive got a demo on the Occam coming up. I dont part with cash without a demo. Scout isnt carbon, cant see me going back to alu but I reckon next year will they may well release one

dan45a
    Free Member

Having owned an enduro s works I must admit to missing it massively, they do everything so well. Had a seat on the new one and it just feels right. And ridiculsly light. Also comes with the ohlins air shock won’t it? I’d keep hold of that.

Not ridden the patrol or reign look great but they don’t hold the same desirability factor for me.

Just putting this out there, best bikes I’ve tried in this class are the nomad 3 and yeti sb6c.

Tough but nice decision to have !

wrecker
    Free Member

I have s reign advanced 0 team. I like it. It’s a good bike. It’s is very slack, personally I don’t think its a proper all rounder as much as the other two are, but point it down steep stuff and it’s jaw droppingly good.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d agree with Wrecker the Reign is pretty DH-biased, in my research prior to buying one I considered the Patrol seriously too – but it is shorter and is apparently more fun and poppy compared to the Reign being supple and fast.

I have a shorter travel bike too so I was happy to compromise on that.

rickon
    Free Member

The Reign and Patrol both have a significantly longer wheelbase than the Enduro.

The Reign is a biiiig bike, would be amazeballs for hitting uplifts or Alps all day long.

The Enduro doesn’t pedal like its a big bike, and the chainstays are mega short, so feels snappy.

I wouldn’t get the sworks though, as its barely any different to the expert. Buy some Light Bicycle carbon wheels and an Enduro expert, and pocket the cash for a holiday 🙂

mikeep
    Free Member

Another E29 🙂

waldo1
    Free Member

Enduro 29 with 27.5+ wheels and 650b linkage. Just monster truck everything.

rickon
    Free Member

Enduro 29 with 27.5+ wheels and 650b linkage. Just monster truck everything.

Soooo many kittens just died.

JonnyLovesHills
    Free Member

I can’t begin to say how pleased I am with my Enduro (Expert 29) it’s by far the best bike I’ve ever ridden. So I’m obviously recommending the Specialized, I’d also suggest test riding both wheel sizes. The 29 really is an excellent bike.

waldo1
    Free Member

Aaaaaaannndddd……

Use a eccentric bottom bracket too then you’d have a

Enduro 27.5+ with 650b link( circa 66 degree head angle) 423mm chainstay length, 155mm rear, 160 front travel and a reach of 452mm.

Poor kittens….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘S Works Enduro 650b, Reign Advanced 0, Patrol Carbon? .which one and why?’ is closed to new replies.