Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • S-Works Cycling Shoes
  • peteimpreza

Anyone have these? Road or MTB?

What are they like for comfort and wear?

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Very very light. dead comfy. and i wouldn’t even consider another brand or style until they stop making them. awesome shoes

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Owned some S-works Carbon’s back in 04 wow awesome wow, lasted a year riding 2/3 times a week, wish I never had as now I know how good they are I can’t afford them

nick3216
    Free Member

Nice, light, comfy. Once they get damp they may start to smell of cat wee. White ones write cheques your legs won;t be able to cash.

radoggair
    Free Member

The best there is ( although still not 100% convinced on the dial lace)

mikey74
    Free Member

Hmmmmm, but are they £200-a-pop worth it?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The best there is

True

but are they £200-a-pop worth it?

the problem my pair were £100 back int day – and I was contracting

traildog
    Free Member

They are fantastic fit and comfort for me. Worth it is a judgement up to you.

mikey74
    Free Member

I only ever use Spesh shoes when clipped in, but I don’t think I would stretch to £200 for a pair.

anc
    Free Member

Have both mtb and the road versions, fit and function is the best out there IMO sidi only beat the on durability. As for price shop around there are always deals to be had. Primera have 15% off there stuff this weekend 😉

peteimpreza

Primera have 15% off there stuff this weekend

Off Specialized? Do you have a code?

mikey74
    Free Member

Primera are saying “Now £199.99”

Deveron53
    Free Member

The BOA system is fragile and there’s no alternative to rewire it. Get the ratchet buckle versions, the S-works ain’t worth it.

peteimpreza

The current versions have a replaceable steel lace

“Replaceable high-strength braided steel lace”

http://www.specializedconceptstore.co.uk/Detail/EquipShoesRoad/RoadaslashaTriathlon/BG%20S-Works%20Road%20Shoe/BLACK/45

bob_summers

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBCEqProduct.jsp?spid=57641
    Replacement boa dials if you need them.

I’ve been using s-works road shoes for a couple of months after a few years of hotfoot problems – early days yet, but I think they are helping.
    Better value than Sidi too, IMO (if value matters at 200 quid plus…)

Edit – beaten to it!

peteimpreza

Hey anc lets have the code for the discount at Primera please.

aracer
    Free Member

I have the road ones. Really lovely, though I couldn’t comment on the durability.

Deveron53
    Free Member

You can replace them, yes. BUT how often? It’s a flawed system that is not durable enough for off-road use.

peteimpreza

Fair point but I am looking at new road shoes at the moment.

bol

What I said there v

bol

Be nice to your local Spesh dealer. There’s loads of margin in them.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Loads of online places have them a bit cheaper. I’ve been riding 20 years and used loads of shoes but these have been a revolation, use mine 2 / 3 times a week including commuting and they are a great fit, the insoles can be adjusted to make an almost custom fit. No problems with the boa laces. Highly recommended. Love mine. Light and stiff carbon soles! would buy another pair when these ones go!

anc
    Free Member

Primera code is maybh-15 😉 just over the weekend £169.98 if you put in that code..

peteimpreza

Cheers anc

mieszko
    Free Member

Bought a pair of the current mtb ones for my OH’s brother. They were around £140 for size 45 on sale somewhere online.

As he is the same shoe size I did try them on. They are STIFF, seriously, compared to my Shimano mid range non carbon fibre outsole these are proper racing shoes. Very light as well and some well thought out details like replaceable outsole, plastic bit in the middle of the outsole to protect the carbon from pedal strikes, boa system works good as well. However with all the lightness they do feel a bit fragile. He already raced 4 marathons in them and nothing bad to report. Using them on the road as well.

Quoting him: “Would I pay over £200 for them? No. £140? Of course.”

Seeing last years model, current looks much more flash. All shiny with loads od S-works logos etc. You need to be quick to justify them 🙂 Fortunately he is and they match his Spesh Epic race bike. 😉

One thing worth noting. I usually wear EU46 shoes and have Shimano in 46, but the Spesh shoes were a perfect fit at size 45.

stanley

Had the mtb versions since 06. Brilliant shoes!
    Stiff, light, durable. I think that these fears over the Boa system failing are unfounded. Mine have had lots of abuse; the shoes are falling apart really, but the lace is still ok.
    As above, once worn you can’t go back to any other shoe!
    Bought some discounted 2010 S-works for when my old ones die completely 🙂
    £130-00 from jejames.

IainGillam
    Free Member

Like the shoes, not a fan of the boa system (2010) one of them went (shoes didn’t stay tight) within about 4months and the other one has just gone. Bit of a pain and a hassle to sort out.

Iain

MrOvershoot

I bought some last year and despite being a Spesh shoe fan, I had to sell them in the end as they were a lot narrower than the lower range models I own + the 46 was a UK size 12!!!

peteimpreza

Just done the deed and bought some S-Works road shoes. In black.

Firstly make sure you try before you buy. Spesh don’t bring half sizes in to the UK. WIth the 2011 versions a 44 was too small and a 45 way too big.

Luckily the Concept Store in Bristol had some of the 2010 versions still in stock. They are slightly bigger than the 2011 in the same size. So a 2010 in size 44 was just right.

Initial impressions are very light, very stiff but still comfortable. Looking forward to the first ride in them.

Finally, a big than you to the staff in the Bristol Specialized Concept Store. All very polite and helpful. I was served by Pete who was excellent. EDIT They did me a deal on price as well.

Thanks to all the help above as well.

andrewh
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of the MTB ones, very good.
    Still comfy after 24hrs in them. The lace can be PITA with cold wet fingers but that is theonly critisism.
    However, mine were around £120 three years ago, will struggle to justify £200 when they give up, but should last a while as race use only, got some cheaper Shimanos for day to day.

bikerbruce
    Free Member

im meant to ride mavic but spesh are sooooooooooooo comfy i warm up in mavics and ride train and race in s works

daveb
    Free Member

I have some of the white mtb ones – excellent shoes and in my opinion quite a bit better fit than the SIDI.

parkesie
    Free Member

on my 3rd set of spesh shoes love them. Even my original pair from 02-03 are still going as a back up pair.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘S-Works Cycling Shoes’ is closed to new replies.