Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Ryan Giggs
  • tiggs121
    Free Member

New contract aged 37!

Even the most hardened Man U haters must respect this guy? 20 years at the very top his profession at a top club is seriously impressive…or am I being a bit too sentimental?

One of the best in my view!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Fantastic personality too.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

He deserves all he gets – a gentleman on the field (for the most part) and a good role model. And has remained one of the UKs best footballers for almost his entire career.

(Leeds United fan BTW)

surfer
    Free Member

Yep, a very good player.

CaptJon
    Free Member

He’s still doing it at the top level because of yoga apparently.

allthepies
    Free Member

Good lad, shame he chose to play for Wales 🙂 He could have had a mediocre international career wearing an England shirt instead 😉

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Only player to score in every premier league season

IHN

Legend

Viera, whooooah
    Viera, whooooah
    He gave Giggsy the ball
    And Arsenal won **** all 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Who scored the first Premier League goal (have a go, no Google-cheating)?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Was it a striker type? Promise not to cheat…at least give us a team or something.

Gary_C

Fantastic personality too.

😆
    &
    😆
    &
    😆
    &
    😆 again…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Was it a striker type? Promise not to cheat…at least give us a team or something.

The Blades. A forward.

EDIT – Just double-checked what I thought was right was right. It is. Carry on…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh Jeez…Sheffield United? I can’t remember any of their players from that time…there’s a name trying to get into my head. I shall have to cheat…

*googles*

😆

I’d never have got that.

binners

The word Legend is massively overused and devalued in today’s culture but Giggsy personifies it

Fergie ain’t the sentimental type either. He’s there on merit. Just natural talent and **** hard work. Think about it:

Giggs, Scholes, Beckham, the Neville’s, and Nicky Butt all from that academy twenty years ago. We’ll never see the like’s of that generation produced from one team ever again. A true one off!

portlyone

I regularly critisize his insistence on flicking blinds balls to no-one in particular. Still better then most wingers in the league on match-winning-moments per game.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Binners in overusing the word “legend” 😉

CaptJon
    Free Member

Brian Deane..?

portlyone – Member
    I regularly critisize his insistence on flicking blinds balls to no-one in particular. Still better then most wingers in the league on match-winning-moments per game.

Surely the maximum match-winning moments per game is 1.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

*googles*

I’d never have got that.
    I have no idea why I remember that nugget but one day it WILL come up in a quiz and I will get it right. 8)

The first Preier League – with Leeds as the current champions (of the ‘old’ League One after nicking it from Manyuu at the death) then nearly got ourselves relegated in the same season.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Giggs is a class act

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Great player, respect is due.

Liverpool Fan

donsimon
    Free Member

I regularly critisize his insistence on flicking blinds balls to no-one in particular.

No such thing as a bad pass.
    Lol at dd and have on good authority that he thinks you’re a tw*t!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

*embarrassed coz I bought the Giggs fitness video and I think it’s good*

Damn, he’s dull but his footballing skills speak for themselves!

donsimon
    Free Member

I have no idea why I remember that nugget but one day it WILL come up in a quiz and I will get it rightbe taking a piss.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Lol at dd and have on good authority that he thinks you’re a tw*t!

Oh that’s nice.

donsimon
    Free Member

De nada.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Top player. Head and shoulders above that knob David “I’m bigger than Man U’ Beckham. What have you won since you threw a strop and left, David? Girly voiced sarong wearing wally!

I hate Manure, but Giggsy is up there with Kung Fu Panda and Rudolph the Red Nosed Goalkeeper as true legends of the game. None of the current Man U team are fit to lace Giggsy’s boots imo.

Stainypants

hes 3 weeks younger than me, maybe i should not give hope of been signed yet

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh that’s nice.

Yeah well that’s what you get for being nasty to other people, innit? Dry your eyes. No-one cares…

iDave
    Free Member

Stray blind passes are usually to where another player ‘should’ be based on game plans and their style of playing. If they’re not there, they’ve either forgotten or the opposition have interfered with their movement.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I have no idea why I remember that nugget but one day it WILL come up in a quiz and I will get it rightbe taking a piss.

That would be (literally) be a pisser.

I did once get ‘which current* Premier League manager scored the winning goal for Sunderland against Leeds United in the 1973 FA Cup final’ as a tie-break question in a pub quiz. I couldn’t believe my luck. It is the other thing I know (apart from ox-bow lakes – I know three things in the world).

*Current at the time, not any more

donsimon
    Free Member

Yeah well that’s what you get for being nasty to other people, innit? Dry your eyes. No-one cares…

Ha! That’s telling you!!! 😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No I’m sorry but DD was right nasty to me yesterday, so I have no sympathhy for him, and he deserves all he gets.

Including my wife.

The cah…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m feeling very scolded 😳

donsimon
    Free Member

He doesn’t deserve any sympathy, he’s a right meany and he knows it but karma will catch him up, I’m going to tell him to get some skinny jeans then people will laugh at him in the street, openly mocking his cankles (whatever they are). A plan as cunning as ever there was… 😈

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😯

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

And so you should be.

Now go and stand in the corner, and have a good think about what you’ve done.

And don’t come out until you’ve learned how to behave nicely.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

cankles = calf/ankles.
    gunt = gut/ 😯

donsimon
    Free Member

Who are you calling a gunt?

iDave
    Free Member

thankles = same diameter from top of thigh to foot… 😯

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Ryan was very nice and polite when he met my Grandma on a plane once even though she didn’t know who he was until the third person asked for his autograph

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Ryan Giggs’ is closed to new replies.