Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ryan Air cabin baggage …… recommendations for cases
  • jj55

I really do not want to pay £60 to take a suitcase to Spain this summer on Ryan (Rip off) Air.

Can you recommend me suitable cases to take as cabin baggage?

Taff
    Free Member

I’ve just got a normal little one, suppose it doesn’t really matter what the brand is but when you buy make sure the overall dimensions allow it to fit within the hand luggage frame at the airport. Flew to Madrid last weekend and they were fine outbound but on the return fight they were checking most bag sizes looking for a little extra dosh.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

really do not want to pay £60 to take a suitcase to Spain this summer on Ryan (Rip off) Air.

You could try paying a bit extra and flying with a decent airline who don’t try and rip you off at every opportunity. 🙂

jj55

deadlydarcy – I’d love to, but being a ‘public sector worker’ with no pay rise for the last 3 years things are looking bleak in JJ towers this year.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m not exactly flush myself mate. Sorry if that came across wrongly. I just really dislike the company, that’s all. Used them for years and eventually had enough. I don’t fly a great deal anyway so when I do, I just stump up the extra (given that by the end of a Ryanair experience, I’d normally have been happy to shell out more not to have flown with them).

jj55

No worries! 😉

tonyplym
    Free Member

“Strictly one item of cabin baggage per passenger (excluding infants) weighing up to 10kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm is permitted. (handbag, briefcase, laptop, shop purchases, camera etc.) must be carried in your 1 permitted piece of cabin baggage. Extra/oversized cabin baggage will be refused at the boarding gate, or where available, placed in the hold of the aircraft for a fee of £40/€40”

molgrips
    Free Member

Ryan (Rip off) Air

A company that charges bonkers low fares then charges for extras so it’s still often cheaper than everyone else is somehow ripping you off?

There’s no pleasing some people!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I fly to Barcelona reasonably often, and every time I have looked with enough notice before flying, BA have been within about a fiver of EasyJet and Ryan Air. In some cases, BA are cheaper.

And I get a proper baggage allowance. And I get a nice Bloody Mary. And a decent seat pitch. And a far nicer flight experience (No one trying to sell me a scratchcard etc). And I get the airmiles and to use the BA lounge. 🙂

Basically, if you shop and look around, proper airlines can often be roughly the same price as a budget airline, but with a waaaay better level of service.

On another note, if you have no choice but Easy and Ryan, go for Easyjet every time. Their safety standards and respect for their crew (Especially the opinions of their pilots) are way ahead of Ryan.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d go for Easy too given the option between the two.

RyanAir really is truly shit to its people…as well as its customers.

mieszko
    Free Member

Basically take a tape measurer with You to a Tkmaxx near You. Loads of small cases available. It’s worth paying a bit more for a better quality one. Prices are around £20-30, some will have a sticker or a tag saying it will fit in the overhead compartment. My OH have a good quality suitcase that was about 30 and a Samsonite that was twice the price. To be honest there is zero difference between them.

I use RyanAir quite often as BA does not fly to the smaller airports that are closer to my home town. I always use a top loading rucksack. Most 30-35L designs will fit fine and then I have a rucksack I can use if I co hiking etc. Currently using Deuter ACT Trail 32, before that I had an Osprey Kestrel. You can also consider something like a duffle bag. Some good quality Jansport ones on eBay.

So basically your best bet is to take a tape measurer to a store or just check dimensions if buying online.

I flew with BA to Warsaw couple of times and tbh the trip wasn’t any more magic thank with Ryanair. I only spend 2.5h on the plane and a £2 sandwich plus some juice did justify the extra £130 i had to pay for the ticket to stay home a bit longer as BA flies to Warsaw every day.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

When Darcy and I agree, you know it’s right! 🙂

anto164
    Free Member

I’d try to stay away from Ryanair on principle, as i cannot stand the trumpet fanfare which celebrates another flight without crashing or people dying when you land. I use this case when flying with work, as it’s small enough for easyjet and ryan air.

http://www.johnlewis.com/205693/Product.aspx

But yeh, use skyscanner.net and you’ll possibly find other flights that are nearly as cheap (Then go direct to the company)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Ryan Air cabin baggage …… recommendations for cases’ is closed to new replies.