Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Ryan Adams U.K. tour – anyone going?
  • cinnamon_girl

Thought he had stopped making music due to severe hearing problems.

But this will be an acoustic tour.

toppers3933
    Free Member

wish he’d stopped making music.

emma82
    Free Member

Bryan Adams or Ryan Adams?

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

Saw him once with Beth Orton. Grumpy bugger didn’t find it funny when someone shouted “play summer of ’69”

cinnamon_girl

Ryan and he’s very talented.

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Never heard of him. Does he sound like Bryan Adams?

toppers3933
    Free Member

hahahaha i mis-read it. 🙄
    i like ryan adams, have heard his live stuff on radio and such likes and always thought how good it would be to see him live.
    cant stand bryan adams.

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

He may be talented but he has no sense of humour!

cinnamon_girl

sqwubbsy – quite an insult! He did feature on a Beth Orton album, think they were an item.

Mr Penquin – per-lease, no, he doesn’t sound like Bryan Adams!

matthewjb
    Free Member

I’ve got his first few albums but I’ve never seen him live.

I also thought he’d making records. Has he got an album out?

Could be a very special night.

alpin
    Free Member

no.

backhander
    Free Member

F*** no

cinnamon_girl

Many talented musicians have no sense of humour!

Latest album I believe is III/IV, with The Cardinals. A double. And I’ve heard better.

TeaBoyPaul

Ryan Adams is possibly one of the most talented singer/songwriters alive…
    The fact that he doesn’t find lame jokes about the similarity of his name to an ageing Canadian ‘rocker’ funny hardly means he has no sense of humour!

Ok, I admit, I’m a big fan!!! Looking forward to Manchester on the 23rd.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Many talented musicians have no sense of humour!

What about Bill Bailey ?

TeaBoyPaul

Yea, ok.. III/IV isn’t really a great place to start, but it has it’s moments..

cinnamon_girl

TeaBoyPaul – glad you appreciate him! What do you think of his latest album?

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

I saw him at Rock City in 2004. He was bloody brilliant. A very edgy and often misunderstood musician.

Love is Hell Part 1…..The dogs nuts

Might well go if he’s around the middle of england.

TeaBoyPaul

You will be lucky to get tickets… I think everywhere sold out pretty much straight away.

Cinnamon Girl… Latest album is a mixed bag…although it does improve with further listening… Not up to the standard of Cardinology, Cold Roses or Easy Tiger… Thinking about it, III/IV isn’t really a new album at all, it is a collection of leftovers and outtakes from the Cardinology sessions….. Just saying 😉

And yes Love is Hell is awesome!

cinnamon_girl

I’ve been into his music for many years now and with each album released, you never know what you’re going to get. Very much like Neil Young in the sense that some are truly dreadful but others are just brilliant.

I did wonder if he would burn out but then he turned to writing books, am finding those a struggle though!

kevin1911

I’m going to see him in Glasgow. Been a fan since his Whiskeytown days. Last time I saw him solo acoustic was at Royal Festival Hall in London c. 2001, and is still to this day the best gig I’ve ever been to, only just pipping Neil Young in Edinburgh a few years ago.

Looking forward to it. Jesse Malin supporting too!

warton
    Free Member

I saw him just after heartbreaker came out. The gig consisted of him smoking cigarettes, muttering about the piano being rubbish, and looking through a notebook. he was on stage for about 45 minutes, played 4 songs in that time, then walked off, telling us all to **** off. those 4 songs were beautiful though, one of the best gigs i’ve seen!

EDIT: If I remember correctly, he walked off after someone asked him to play a Whiskytown song.

kevin1911

Yep, heard some stories of him being proper mardy. Like one gig in the US where someone asked him for Summer of ’69, and he allegedly halted the gig until the guy left – even giving him $20 out of his own pocket to refund his ticket. In all the times I’ve seen him, he’s always been on form though, if not always sober.

Seems he’s kicked his speedball addiction, and judging from his facebook posts seems to be in a better place now, so I’m expecting the gigs to be really good.

duckman

Heh heh…Just setting up the ipod to give my higher history class a wee bit of rescue blues and Nobody girl, cheers CG! I think they will be more rounded learners and young adults for the experience 😀

Rod

Missed out on Manchester tickets after dilly dallying the day they came on sale (and the bl00dy ebay/seatwave touts clearly picked up their fair share…)

Seen him a few times though – the seated gig at the Apollo wasn’t great as he was really mardy and the last one at the Academy was very good but still a slight undertone of mardiness (anyone yelling stuff out seems to wind him up), but the Liverpool Academy gig when Heartbreaker had just come out was one of the best gigs we’ve ever seen (started shakily – the first bit was songs from “Rock’n’roll”, hood up, swigging cans of lager and going through a spliff per song… but the second half when he was playing Heartbreaker and older stuff just got better and better (until he fell off the stage and broke his wrist!))

cinnamon_girl

London tomorrow and Monday. Review appreciated. 🙂

Didn’t try for tickets in the end.

He sounds like a right bellend

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Ryan Adams U.K. tour – anyone going?’ is closed to new replies.