Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • RWC Day 4 Spoiler – Scotland v Georgia
  • SST
    Free Member

Samoa v Namibia, Tonga v Canada and most importantly . . . Scotland v Georgia

So TJ – how are Scotland going to do?

BillyWhizz
    Free Member

Georgias first game . . . so who knows what might happen?

Hope it’s good either way!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

There’s already a RWC thread. Perhaps better to put it in there, rather than clog the forum!

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/rugby-world-cup-1/page/20#post-2956631

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

you know what – Georgia might be rather better than we think – and they are coached by an scot!

Georgia to shut the Scottish pack about and get a fair amount of possession, Scotland to play territory and win reasonably comfortably

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

CFH +1

SST
    Free Member

No problem.

Need to leave space for all those “traveller” threads afterall 🙂

SST
    Free Member

You could be right TJ. I’m watching tomorrow so let’s see.

onehundredthidiot

Big prop to cause trouble to our front row. they also have a handy loose forward (french foreign player of the year).

Quick ball to the backs is the only way in this game.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

FFS….

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I might just catch 30mins of the first half before i start work.

Mon the jocks.

SST
    Free Member

Canada to upset Tonga, unless they can get themselves organised!

toys19
    Free Member

In the spite of the spirit of hating your neighbour that seems to be so prevalent on this forum, I should be abandoning my usual practise of supporting our little brothers and should be cheering Georgia all the way. Blame Teej, AA DD and all the other bitter kids.

But as an example of what true rugby is about I will of course be sticking to my guns and supporting the Wee Ghillie Jockos.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

As I mentioned before…

There’s already a RWC thread. Perhaps better to put it in there, rather than clog the forum!

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/rugby-world-cup-1/page/20#post-2956631

And when Darcy agrees with me, you know it to be correct. There are some poor souls out there who aren’t interested in the World Cup. Let’s not clog the forum up with umpteen threads on the topic.

nickjb
    Free Member

That thread is already 20 pages and we’re still on the opening games. One new thread or resurrecting an old thread will clog the form equally.

… and Scotland need to take these chances and stop dropping the ball

toys19
    Free Member

CFH it might suit you but it does not suit us, this is a thread about this game. Now if the forum software was anywhere near modern instead oft he crap we have, then we could make this a child thread and it would be fine.

MussEd
    Free Member

Dont argue with STWs very own moral compass lads. No need for a thread about any other games when we could fit it in amongst various posts about which Welshmen will be in a World XV at the moment despite them being 0 from 1. Or purely saying ‘sugar’ when TJ says ‘shite’.

Anyway think although Georgia are a huuuge, tecnicalky adept pack. Scotland’s offensive D is better, they’re taking the momentum out of Georgia’s rumbles. Starting to bust though tackles of their own now too. And its been said umpteen times over the last 10 years or so, but if Scotland had an even hlf-decent stand-off this game would be a no-brainer. Though I’ll always hsve a drink ready for Parks for winning that match in Dublin a coupleof years ago…

On cue, a drop goal! Go on Dannnny Boy, never doubted ye!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Moral compass? Me? Hardly! 🙂

Was just thinking how annoying it gets when there are multiple threads on the same topic, but there you go.

Still want to see Georgia win.

SST
    Free Member

GAME ON!

I support British teams above johnny-foregner , so “Go Scotland!!”

DezB
    Free Member

I thought Scotland were capable of scoring a few tries 🙁

RustyMac

That was brutal

SST
    Free Member

at least both teams are getting their kicks over 🙂

edited for being a spanner.

MussEd
    Free Member

SST its finished?

SST
    Free Member

Muss – I didn’t press return and then leaned on the keyboard 45 mins later!!! what a loser 😳

Good game 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

ITV+1 by any chance?

Good game

reeeeaaaaally?

SST
    Free Member

I didn’t say “fantastic game”, but Scotland did win.

bigG
    Free Member

if we followed the “don’t open threads on old topics” rule we might be saved the continual –

what tyres
    i’ve bought some bits, but need reassurance they’re not gopping
    show me your coloured bikes because I need to be sure I’m in the with right crowd
    etc etc,,

Lets just leave it to people’s own judgement if they want to open new threads for what they think is a perfectly good reason

Scotland won, so I’m happy

Stuey01
    Free Member

I don’t think 1 thread per RWC game day can really be regarded as clogging up the forum given the right load of guff posted in this place daily.

MussEd
    Free Member

Sst – leaned on the keyboard when your head finally slumped forward into bored stupor? I forgive you…this time.

Anyway game is finished so the forum can get moving again, now look at my SS Ti one of a kind superbike!! Oh you think its horrible? Well I was just joking i thnk its crap too..

What about they Union radges eh? Dont know how lucky they are having gainful employment….

Aren’t Travellling folk different?

Wouldnt get away with buring korans in Iran would they?

I think I fancy Brant Richards….

SST
    Free Member

“Sst – leaned on the keyboard when your head finally slumped forward into bored stupor? I forgive you…this time”

I’m trying to remain “upbeat”, but there’s been a few games so far that have been less than riveting.

DezB
    Free Member

Time for another farking HELMET debate???
    Clogging up the forum, my arse.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

I appreciate there were probably limited options after the hammering Christchurch took, but sending out two teams to play in the Southern Hemisphere’s equivalent to Aviemore in February and then expecting expansive flowing rugby is asking a bit much. I suspect a lot of those rucks were probably just the forwards huddling together trying to keep warm!

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘RWC Day 4 Spoiler – Scotland v Georgia’ is closed to new replies.