Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 123 total)
  • RWC Day 2 Spoiler – England v Argentina
  • zokes
    Free Member

as an aside has anyone got any feeds in english for RWC matches..ie from canada/aus or nz…cos I can’t watch this shocking ITV drivel anymore.

Well, I’m watching ITV over the web here in Oz. Not found anything better yet….

NOTE WELL: This is what happens when people complain about the BBC spending too much on sports….

IdleJon

zokes – Member

as an aside has anyone got any feeds in english for RWC matches..ie from canada/aus or nz…cos I can’t watch this shocking ITV drivel anymore.

Well, I’m watching ITV over the web here in Oz. Not found anything better yet….

NOTE WELL: This is what happens when people complain about the BBC spending too much on sports….

Well, I suppose. But ITV have had the RWC for a long, long time. I may be imagining it, but I think they had it back in 1991?

alpin
    Free Member

re. Japan should host the RWC… it has already been awarded to them…. in 2009.

England awarded 2015 Rugby Cup, Japan 2019 hosts

England will host the 2015 Rugby World Cup and Japan will stage the event in Asia for the first time four years later, the International Rugby Board (IRB) council said on Tuesday.

http://mg.co.za/article/2009-07-28-england-awarded-2015-rugby-cup-japan-to-host-in-2019

a bit close wasn’t it. not pretty, either. but give it time, they’ll improve… won’t they?

i watched with australian commentary and i was surprised at their unbiased opinions….

Houns

Sh*te. But at least we have the easier teams to come in the group

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Scotland hardly did much better, against a much poorer side

Very true, but then we’ve not been talking ourselves up as potential World Champions 😆

based on the limited perspective of the matches so far, the All Blacks look pretty devastating, especially when you start to consider the quality alternatives that exist for most of the positions in their starting 15. If that is them just getting warmed up, they should be awesome to watch in subsequent matches. Their back line just looks in a completely different league to the English guys – there’s an incisiveness and creativity about them that seemed completely lacking in the English backs.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Reasonable game from Scotland. Some good stuff, some of the usual dross.

Romania have a decent pack – I think they will ask questions of England as well.

Scotland won well in the end, England very lucky to win

maxray
    Free Member

Lol Scotland were woeful tj, based on these games Argentina will wallop them!

IdleJon

maxray – Member
    Lol Scotland were woeful tj, based on these games Argentina will wallop them!

But then if Scotland beat England, which they are very capable of, how does affect the group?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Scotland were woeful with a bonus point win? A mixed bag from Scotland for sure but nothing much to fear from england or Argentina. Scotland should win the group

who is top of pool B?

anagallis_arvensis

😆

anagallis_arvensis

A mixed bag from Scotland for sure but nothing much to fear from england or Argentina. Scotland should win the group

can we have a £10 on this? I will give the money to the charity of your choice is Scotland top the group.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Only if I get good odds 🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Scotland to top the group – after leaking 24 points to Romania???

I’ll join AA in offering a tenner to a charity of your choice if that happens.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ll have a tenner on the argieS beating Scotland anyday!!

anagallis_arvensis

naughty naughty

Houns

What’s naughty about that? He get’s caught out between going for the man then the ball

anagallis_arvensis

anagallis_arvensis

well the knees a bloke in the head who is already on the ground, its a cheap shot

donsimon
    Free Member

Is that Lawes in the first vid? If so, he was a bit dodgy throughout.

Houns

Totally unintentional

anagallis_arvensis

unintentional? did you ever play the game? His tackle of Teasi was late too.

donsimon
    Free Member

“I got there as soon as I could” is not a valid excuse. Especially when it occurs time after time.

Houns

If anything his knees hit the argies hips and torso

anagallis_arvensis

If anything his knees hit the argies hips and torso

yeah right that would explain why he was sparked out cold then!

Houns

Only going on your clip above

anagallis_arvensis

So you didnt watch the game then?
    That Selzo is a dirty **** too

brakes
    Free Member

it’s part of the sport isn’t it

anagallis_arvensis

in a word no, unless of course your Matrin Johnson or Bakkies Botha

donsimon
    Free Member

Cheating?

anagallis_arvensis

10 debutantes in the team covers the unglamorous scoreline then, good call.

jsut read the first page of the thread and so this, its a line Dilly Dally came out with a few times and is completely inaccurate, first time they have played in a world cup but all the team have plenty of experience of playing for England apart from the token Samoan. Almost as good a his line “England come into this game on good form having won all their matches” apart from the ones they lost obviously…

Scamper
    Free Member

I thought Lawes was out of order the first time i saw that. Another angle and its right on the bonse.

DezB
    Free Member

Oh my, not a bit of rough play in a game of rugby? Whatever next?
    🙄

brakes
    Free Member

violence is part of the appeal for players and spectators.
    I guess the line between what it punishable and what isn’t is a thin one?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

DezB, you looking forward to the Australia game? 😀

anagallis_arvensis

shame the Pantomime Dame wasnt playing for the whole match he’s usually good value
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53ygseQDp_o&feature=related[/video]

this is how you tackle Courtney
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUzAixVaRnc[/video]

donsimon
    Free Member

Yep and…
    When it’s punished you accept it and get on with it.
    When it’s missed by the ref, you count yourself lucky.
    When it’s caught on camera and neither of the above apply, it becomes banter.

anagallis_arvensis

problem is that these days with all the camera’s around you dont get retribution. 15 years ago the argies would have just kicked the crap out of him in the next ruck.

anagallis_arvensis

both Selzio and Lawes should be at least cited and made to explain themselves IMO

DezB
    Free Member

DezB, you looking forward to the Australia game?

Certainly am! Looking forward to dome decent rugby, thats for sure…

bruk

Saw ‘highlights’ of Scotland game. Seemed like usual struggle against ‘lesser’ opposition that we alway do. Like to make things difficult for ourselves.

Positive that we won and seemed to be able to run the ball well though how that will go against sides with a better defense remains to be seen.

Negative would have to be the forward pack which was woeful from the clips I saw.

Doesn’t sound like it is worth my while watching the England game.

Seems most of the lesser nations have been doing better than expected from listening to Talksport’s bookies this am they have alllost by significantly less than expected. (NZ were expected to put 60 points on Tonga!) Maybe some more suprises this year.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 123 total)

The topic ‘RWC Day 2 Spoiler – England v Argentina’ is closed to new replies.