Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rust on a bike?
  • 5lab

Ello all

The misses got a Ridgeback commuter under the cycle to work scheme. 6 months later and the bars (chromed risers) have gone all rusty. Its been kept outside, but under a waterproof cover. Should we expect the lbs\ridgeback to sort this out? or am I being fussy.. If a car went rusty in 6 months you'd certainly have words – and the bars are rusty all over – a failure in the coating rather than scratches..

Ta

H

druidh
    Free Member

Keeping it under a cover is one of the worst things you can do. You get a warm, damp environment which never dries out. Having said that, it's been sold to you for use in the UK. It should be made appropriately. I guess there's also an element of "you get what you pay for".

Edric64
    Free Member

chrome is crap and as said before a sweaty cover is not good .Having said that try and get a new pair as they should last longer than that ,alloy upgrade maybe?

5lab

cool I'll tell her to have a word next time she goes past. Failing that I can always pick up a cheap pair to replace them. cover wasn't my idea, for what its worth 🙂

tortoisenothair
    Free Member

modern day chrome is not what it used to be
    may be worth skwiting some WD40 / GT85 over the fasteners ect.

khani
    Free Member

cheap steel and chrome bars are awful anyway, spend £20 or so on some easton or sunline or fsa type ally bars and she will thank you for it after the first ride

pitduck
    Free Member

hello khani 😀

khani
    Free Member

yo mart 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rust on a bike?’ is closed to new replies.