Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Running Shoes and training advice needed!!
  • Eyepic
    Free Member

My 23 year old son is looking to do one of these two day run, climb trees, wade across rivers, run a load more, crawl through tunnels, ohh and run a bit. Challenges …………. this summer

He hasn’t run since school and has no proper trainers… any recommendations?

Thanks

piemonster

More Mile Cheviots might be worth a bash.

Cheap as chips.

crikey
    Free Member

A thousand people will be along shortly to recommend a thousand different shoes, plus expound the advantages of barefoot running, one foot running, backwards running and probably upside down running.

He should just get a pair of cheap running shoes that fit, wear them out then buy something he likes having developed some experience.

I ran my first marathon in a pair of trainers from Woolworths.

piemonster

Crikey makes a good point.

However, word on the grapevine is that the next big thing will be shoes with a 6mm Toe to Heal drop.

Tis more natural.

HTH

*nothing of any use is contained in this post

samuri
    Free Member

Yep, I’ve bought some very cheap running trainers for my wife and I by searching for the cheapest I could find. They’re actually quite good, very light and comfy and they’re good enough to get me up to 5k or so.

Once I’m comfortably running 5k I’ll be spending a bit more on some proper offroad trainers. I fancy getting into fellrunning.

And winning the 3 peaks.

dobo
    Free Member

if its really muddy then some proper off road trainers will make a difference. also will there be lots of water? some trainers soak up water like a sponge. depends what event your doing.
    inov8 do great trainers but not cheap.

Karl33to
    Free Member

The more mile ones are very good for the money, I’m well impressed with mine, they make the £70 Reebok’s I was advised to buy by a running shop seem like walking boots.

Pieface

How many miles in total?

If he’s blessed with being able to get all his mileage in off the road, then great, but chances are a good pair of road running shoes are required to get the base mileage in.

Main tips would be to stretch, take it easy, and incorporate rest in to your regime.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Running Shoes and training advice needed!!’ is closed to new replies.