Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • running question….running gps watch
  • banjax34
    Free Member

anyone use a garmin forerunner 15 ? looking at a basic gps watch to tell me distance and pace, not bothered with bells and whistles just the basic stuff, or indeed if anyone has an unused one lurking in a drawer ???

nickc

Any of the Garmins 15, 110, 210 .

All are good, easy transfer to Stave etc etc

surfer
    Free Member

This is my Ambit2 for sale on Ebay. Just bought the Ambit3 which is more running specific.

Ambit 2

thegreatpotato
    Free Member

I just bought a Forerunner 15 this week to replace a dead 110. Have used it a couple of times.

The good points are that it does do the basic stuff that I was wanting and that you are asking for, is affordable and not too bulky.

One mildly annoying thing (which may not be annoying if you’ve not used a 110 for years) is that where the 110 showed three things on the screen, i.e. time, distance and either pace or speed, the 15 only shows two. There are two screens you scroll through so technically you can show four metrics (you choose what you want to see on each screen) but until I get used to that it’s going to annoy me.

Other than that it is as slow as the 110 in getting satellite lock, say about 20-30 seconds. Once it has it does seem to track very well. Certainly a lot slower locking but better tracking than a TomTom I tried. It has a ‘virtual pacer’ where you set a target pace and it beeps to alert you when you’re above, below or at that pace. I had to turn that off after a minute of it constantly annoyingly beeping for attention. And it has an activity tracker that gives you a number of steps to take a day but I haven’t used that yet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘running question….running gps watch’ is closed to new replies.