Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Running GPS
  • RickyRah
    Free Member

I’ve been carrying my Garmin Edge with me on runs for about a year now as I thought that I wouldn’t stick at this running lark. It works fine but it’s a little annoying having to carry it so I’m now looking to get a cheap [<£100] GPS watch.

I’ve been looking at the Garmin Forerunner 10 and the Forerunner 205. I like the size of the 10 and it seems to do everything I need (I only want it to show distance, current pace and average pace). Does anyone have any experience of these or recommend anything different?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Why not just carry your mobile with you?

KonaTC

I have a 800 and use one of these Wrist Strap

Only £15, with the advantage (for me) of only one bit of tech to learn 😳

hammerite
    Free Member

205 is an excellent bit of kit, I’ve had one years.

Never used a Garmin 10 so can’t compare.

Gunz
    Free Member

Smartphone and Endomondo does it for me.

mikey74
    Free Member

So the Garmin Edge units work for running? I thought they have a minimum speed setting that made them difficult for multi-sport use. I may have to get one of those watch adaptors for my Edge 200 if they work OK.

zilog6128

I’ve used my edge 200 before if my phone battery was too low or whatever. Works fine for recording distance/speed/route. Obviously no good for real time pace etc.
    Having said that I’ve just this week got a FR310XT with HRM and foot pod so now have more data than I can shake a stick at!

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I’ve used my Edge 305 to run with & had no issues.

I’ve now got a Garmin Forerunner 110 & it works fine.

KonaTC

mikey74 – Member

So the Garmin Edge units work for running?

As I’m of the bike at moment I have used my 800 for walking, tracked my last walk with an average of 1.9mph 😳 So running should be fine

duckers
    Free Member

Motorola motoactiv mp3/gps for £99 if you can still find one.

leffeboy

Apart from the size, i think the only real problem of the edge for running is that the pace and speed measurements tend to be very eratic so you can’t really use them ‘live’ although the average and the end of the run is correct. Unfortunately I don’t think that propel is fixed in either the 10 or the 205 so it might be worth checking.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Running GPS’ is closed to new replies.