Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Running-feeling pretty chuffed!
  • MrPottatoHead

I know there’s a lot of fast runners on here who make my efforts look pretty poor but I’m sat in a hotel with a fuzzy afterglow after completing my first marathon. Really trying to summon the energy to go for a cold beer and celebrate but I am in so much pain. I knew the last 10k would be tough but it was even worse than I imagined

joshvegas
    Free Member

That’ll be the Edinburgh marathon then 🙂

you think your legs are fuzzy now… wait for the next couple of days. Get up and get that beer move around stretch it’ll help massively tomorrow

Well done on completing it a bit cold and wet in parts?

Pleased with you rtime?

MrPottatoHead

Aye! Considering the weather forecast it was hot (too hot for me) and dry nearly the whole way round, just massively windy for the last 8miles. Yeah not looking forward to next couple of days already.

MrPottatoHead

Time wise I should be happy but not sure I am at the moment. Was aiming for 4hrs did it in 3:59 so was cutting it a little close at the end. Feel I should have gone better really but just didn’t have anything left at the end.

joshvegas
    Free Member

It matters not what your time was you are officially a marathon runner. But getting your target is good going if you had nothing left you’ve nailed it!

cp

Good work

wanmankylung
    Free Member

That wind today looked brutal. Good work.

Edinburgh marathon has to be one of the dullest routes out there. I know it’s supposedly a pretty fast route, but I manages to avoid most of the best parts of Edinburgh. It should be called the Musselburgh marathon.

matt_bl
    Free Member

That’s good running. The second half of Edinburgh can be quite exposed when the wind is blowing.

Matt

joshvegas
    Free Member

I ran the old route running from Porty to Holyrood was a killer.

MrPottatoHead

Can’t disagree about the dull course. My first time in Edinburgh and it’s seems like a beautiful city which the run completely avoided.

scruff9252

Congratulations. I did the Edinburgh marathon too today! That last 8 miles after the turn into a headwind gale was brutal! Enjoy the warm fuzzy legs!

bensales
    Free Member

Well done both. It looked like a tough day out today. It’s the three year anniversary of my first marathon today, also at Edinburgh.

brocks
    Free Member

Congrats on that a good effort next couple/few days may hurt have a few steady swims over next few days helps with stretching but isn’t loading tired muscle groups as much, well done again on your first marathon

joshvegas
    Free Member

when’s the next?

craigxxl
    Free Member

Congrats. We’ve just started doing 10k races this year and planning on an half marathon next year.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Running-feeling pretty chuffed!’ is closed to new replies.