• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by IA.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Running dehumidifiers , cost
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

I have 2 2 litre dehumidifiers running in my flat as part of my rental contract due to lack of venting during construction- due to traffic noise.

They are on sensors and usually on 4 hours most days to allow us to dry clothes and stop the house getting damp

ballpark figure – whats this likely to be costing a month ?

clubber
    Free Member

Find out the dehumidier's wattage then plug it in here:

http://www.ukpower.co.uk/tools/running_costs_electricity/

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I use one to reduce humidity when being forced to dry clothes inside – it actually helps with the drying IMO. I have not noticed a big impact on the leccy bill.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Cheers – will do that when i get home …..first leccy bill is due in – wondered what it may be with these in haha

trail_rat
    Free Member

Our clothes dont dry without it. And due to work constraints i cant get stuff outside on the shared green. Dark when i leave and dark when i get home +guaranteed to rain most days…. Does make a huge difference. Can leave clothes on the horse for a week and they will still be wet without dehumidifiers…..the joys of living on a main road …..

jond
    Free Member

>whats this likely to be costing a month ?

Dunno offhand, but judging by the desiccating unit I've got in an outbuilding in the garden (tools/bikes/plants), you may find your flat heating isn't on as much as it would be otherwise. I've found the byproduct of using it, is that it keeps the place at a low but even/frost-free temperature over the winter, and seems a lot cheaper than using the storage heater that's already in there.

IA

I run one pretty much constantly through the winter for the same reasons. Not noticed a huge impact, but hard to tell as I've always had to do it in this flat! However as above, whichever room I put it in does get a lot warmer – the heater can often be completely off in that room, which will compensate so some extent I'd imagine.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Running dehumidifiers , cost’ is closed to new replies.