Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Running – Anyone marathon training?
  • surfer
    Free Member

Daisy and surfer i take it you have run the peaks before? How was it, and what times did you manage?

I havent but I am an experienced runner so going the distance shouldn't be an issue. Ran some fell races but not a lot!
    Daisy Duke is very experienced, (and fast) on the hills (so if we get lost its his fault!)

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Having not done it before, my plan is just to get around this time without killing myself and or getting lost. And if we get good weather may even enjoy the views! Got to say Surfer's 'quick as' on the road. I've just done more fell events over the years, but have a more laid back approach to my results!

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

I've entered the ballot for the GNR, but hoping to do a half sooner.

Currently doing the following training per week

Fast 7k
    Steady 10Kx2
    Fast 12k

I will do a 10k in april, and in March I'll replace one of the 10K runs with 3 miles of intervals at faster than race pace

ciron
    Free Member

Doing Paris in April. My first.

In week 7 of a 16 week plan. Running 4/5 times a week and managed a hilly half marathon distance slow run on Sunday in 2 hours, so feeling fairly confident.

Rest week this week which I'm glad of as I've developed a sore knee from going too hard.

Can't wait to get back on the bike in April. 2 day bivvy trip planned as a return 🙂

beamers

I did the New York marathon in 2007.

Hadn't been to NYC before or attempted a marathon so when the opportunity came along it seemed like a good idea to grasp it.

I didn't really follow any structured training programme beyond doing 3 progressively harder weeks in row with the 4th week being an easy week. The marathon was early November and I had not run a step until mid to late August having been training for and competing in the TransRockies that same year. My fist training run of 20mins left me almost unable to walk the next day!

My only regret was not training properly and tailoring the training towards a more ambitious finishing time. I was aiming for 4 hours and ended up completing it in 3hrs35 so with hindsight I would have trained to go sub 3hrs 30.

I was in proper clip at the end and was very glad indeed to finish.

The atmosphere was phenomenal though. The entire route (less the bridges) was lined with people at least 2 rows deep with 20+ live bands of all descriptions along the way.

Enduring memory was hearing a spectator shout:

[Brooklyn Accent]"Welcome to Brooklyn. Nobody quits in Brooklyn"[/Brooklyn Accent]

stever
    Free Member

Daisy and surfer i take it you have run the peaks before? How was it, and what times did you manage?

I did the Yorkshireman with a mate in 4h40 with plenty of cake stops and conservative pacing. First marathon and training hadn't really gone to plan. Another mate did the PPP last year in 4h30, and I'm normally a bit in front of him on the fells. I was about 3/5 of the way down the field in the 3P cx last year, so if I don't die and come closer to 4h than 5h I'll be happy.

Not expecting the navigation to be too bad with c800 runners out there and knowing at least some of the terrain. Come and find me in May, if I'm wrong 🙂

What about you?

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

i'm doing my first ever half marathon in march in paris. if it goes well, i will do another half at the end of the year, and then a full one next year.

legs are struggling to adapt to longer runs – did my longest run yet of 10miles on sunday in an hour 19mins. was like bambi afterwards and couldn't walk down stairs 😆 last week was the most i've ever ran, 40k in total, and i know about it this week. 😥

surfer
    Free Member

Got to say Surfer's 'quick as' on the road.

😳

nosemineb
    Free Member

First 10 k of the year in an hour, nervous. Walking to the start in a min.
    Low key school charity doo but my sparring partner will be there and he is flying at the moment. 1.17 for a half the other week! Damage limitation i think. Oh and the shins hurt so will drop some neurofen and have another strong coffee. Wish me luck! 😕

judderman
    Free Member

'good luck'

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Running – Anyone marathon training?’ is closed to new replies.