Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Running a non-UST Minion 2.35" DHF dual ply as tubeless?
  • splashdown
    Free Member

Hi,

Has anyone had any success running a non-UST 2.35″ Minion DHF dual ply as a tubeless tyre with Stans sealant?

As these are not a UST/LUST tyre so I was wondering if they will work when used tubeless?

I really like the 2.5″ Minions for the Alps but they’re a bit overkill for my local riding so I thought I’d go for the 2.35’s but would like to stick with the tubeless set up (I love riding through Hawthorne bushes!) 😀

mboy
    Free Member

Have done successfully with a pair of 2.35″ dual ply Maxxis High Rollers before… Not the same tread, but the same carcass…

Worked pretty well too, Maxxis have got a fairly tight bead and the dual ply versions are almost air tight before adding any sealant.

househusband

Yup, even the single-ply non-UST Minion front worked for me run tubeless – DT5.1d rim and the DT tubeless kit. As mboy says, the have a tight bead!

cyclical
    Free Member

Hi, running non UST 2.35 single ply minions on mavic 319 rims with no problems. Used Joe’s tubeless system and sealant.

Cheers

splashdown
    Free Member

Cheers guys 😀

doug_basqueMTB.com

Yeah, one more, 2.35 singleply minion’s as tubeless. They’re fine until they wear a bit and then they tend to slip off the rim unless you keep them above 30-35psi. I run them tubeless and once they’re worn a bit (a month or 2) then I shove a tube in them to get the last of the wear out of them!

D0NK

I’ve got a DHR 2.35 dual ply. Been working well so far, had trouble inflating but once up it’s been fine. I have noticed quite a few beads of liquid forming on the tyre wall, lookslike the base/solvent/whatever from the latex leaking through – not from a cut tho. I’ve been expecting them to dry out but been running for 2months so far (I did use a bit more sealent than recommended tho)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Running a non-UST Minion 2.35" DHF dual ply as tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.