Viewing 10 posts - 401 through 410 (of 410 total)
  • Running.
  • dobo
    Free Member

cant figure out if i have shin splints or some other odd injury on the inside of my left shin bone area. Grr only doing small mileage and its not going, if i press on the edge of my shin bone its a dull pain. might put some miles in and see what happens.

ononeorange

I love running. I’m crap at it mind, but I really enjoy it and it was pretty much the only regular exercise I can get in winter.

However, I’ve had to give it up as every time I start, after a few weeks I go back into tendonitis which is unbelievably ***** painful. So, I have been off it for a year now. Last week, I attended a free running seminar for something to do really, and the chap (a physio / trainer) talked convincingly about 10 “rules” for injury-free running. And I realised that I broke every single one of them! Radical stuff, although I am not sure that I grasp running slowly and only for very short distances. I am now booked into a one to one with him next week in a last ditch attempt to continue running. Fingers crossed!

piemonster

Running, It’s hard work in snowshoes

matt_bl
    Free Member

piemonster – Member

+1 to that!

I’m switching my runs around this weekend, as I think on Friday it will be easier to find 800 m or so good ground for intervals than it will be to find a decent route for a 20 miler.

Then it’s just fingers crossed for a thaw by Sunday.

Other than that, the build-up for VLM is going well, all times and distances are being hit or exceeded.

Matt

surfer
    Free Member

Oh and local to Ripon / Harrogate area, we seem to have a good mix of all races.

I saw your comment ref the Chester half. I live on the Wirral and thought you may be local to me.

zilog6128

Radical stuff, although I am not sure that I grasp running slowly and only for very short distances.

Is that in the beginning, or forever? IMO technique is a huge (and mostly underrated/misunderstood) part of running and broadly agree with the principle that if you injure yourself then it’s because you’re doing something wrong, rather than being inevitable at some stage.

Personally I have been “chi running” for the last few months. It makes a lot of sense to me, and it makes me think deeply about my technique rather than just putting one foot in front of the other. My running has improved massively in that time which I put down 100% to improvement in technique.

stever
    Free Member

Pah! I went for a quick one at lunchtime and got 3 strava records. I do love the snow though.
    Note to self: find more obscure tracks to massage ego 🙂

piemonster

Strava, what is it?

As far as I know it’s a way for bike thieves to track goodies!? Google will enlighten me.

stever
    Free Member

It’s a shortcut to insanity for anyone that got a cheap GPS for Christmas. I urge you not to google it.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I’m currently building a 29er just for doing Strava segs on.
    But I could give up anytime if I wanted to 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 401 through 410 (of 410 total)

The topic ‘Running.’ is closed to new replies.