• This topic has 90 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Keva.
Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Running…
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

4 laps of a standard track

And another nine metres after the finish line 🙂

Actually, when they run a “mile” on a track, do they have a start line 9 metres ahead or how does it work?

molgrips
    Free Member

Small steps then long strides

That’s triple jump, mate, not the mile.

ahwiles
    Free Member

What is the swimming equivalent of running a mile in 5 minutes?

hmm, if i devoted a year of my life to it, i guess i could run a 5min mile.

on that basis, the swimming equivalent would be 4 lengths* without stopping for a heart attack.

(*30m pool)

surfer
    Free Member

The 1 mile start is 9m and 4 laps behind the finish line.

Track event start points

steve-g
    Free Member

I once ran a mile in about 5:30, it was the first time I had ever entered a race, was on a slight downhill gradient, and was the first mile of the race. When that gun went off I just got totally carried away, the remaining 4 miles were pretty painful.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Steve-G I commend your spirit. This forum needs more people like you… None of the defeatest nonsense that others spout. Ohhh, how I remember when people said pshycle couldn’t lose a silly amount of weight… he just went out and showed them.

Darcy… don’t be the worlds shittest swimmer.. do something about it. I could barely swim a length of freestyle 6 months ago… now I’m being talked into an iron-man. I will give you my unwavering support if you set yourself a silly challenge… I need a project 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

don’t be the worlds shittest swimmer

I’m awesome at enough things already. I don’t have time to be anything better than the world’s shittest swimmer. 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

That’s the spirit… true awesomeness is gained by accepting that you’ll never good at everything.

I for instance can’t lactate. I know this, accept it and devote my awesome else where.

Keva
    Free Member

I reckon I could run 5k in 20mins without any specific training. Last year I ran 2k in 8mins for an indoor triathlon (on a treadmill) and still had loads left for the bike and the rowing machine parts.

Kev

steve-g
    Free Member

I think what I am going to do is work out exactly where a flat mile is towards the end of my usual 5.5k route and see how quickly I can run that over the course of a few weeks.

I have recently been doing a few 150m sprints in the middle of my lap and have enjoyed that, working towards an arbitary target like a 5 minute miles is exactly the motivation I need to get completely obsessed.

Keva
    Free Member

try adding a few sets of 15x burpees into your running at intervals. Go for about 4 sets to start with.

Kev

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Running…’ is closed to new replies.