Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Runners
  • wors

Recommend me a gps watch pwease 😀

weeksy

Forerunner 110

maxray
    Free Member

I want one which does pulse / fitbit type tracking too. So you could just wear it 24/7 and have lots of graphs and stats :O)

wors

weeksy – Member

Forerunner 110

Do you have one? I was thinking this as I’m not sure I’d ever use any of the features on the more expensive watches. But I don’t know if they are useful or not!!

weeksy

I do, but after 3 years the GPS facility is knackered.

mogrim

How much do you want to spend? Suuntos are nice but pricey. Before that I had a Garmin 210, worked perfectly well for running but no good for swimming.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

wors – Member
    Recommend me a gps watch that’ll go faulty and I’ll have to replace within 3 years

weeksy – Member
    Forerunner 110

brassneck

Just bought a forerunner 110 for Mrs B, but you’ll have to wait for her birthday for a report. Seemed to cover all the basics and Strava sync (via Connect) which is all it needs to do.

brassneck

I want one which does pulse / fitbit type tracking too. So you could just wear it 24/7 and have lots of graphs and stats :O)

Apple Watch in that bling gold coating 😀

Tallpaul
    Free Member

TomTom Runner Cardio, if you also want a HRM.

The Multisport version can measure Cadence too, if you buy the sensor for your bike.

irelanst
    Free Member

I’ve had a Polar RC3 GPS for a while now and if I was buying again I’d get a Suunto. I initially bought it over a Garmin 610 because it fitted me better and I got a good deal.

The Polar is OK but little things like not being able to customize the screens and no straight forward Strava upload are annoying (although the Polar personal trainer website is OK for recording the data). The heart monitor strap is flakey and needs quite a bit of TLC to keep it working (the contacts corrode easily).

cheshirecat
    Free Member

I’ve got a Garmin 220, which I like very much. Use the Mio Link for optical heart rate sensing. It’s good, but the connection between sensor and watch can be a bit flaky unless they’re on the same arm.

The TomTom Cardio has the Mio Link optical heart rate technology built in, which is a great feature. However, I would defer to DC Rainmaker for his advice (prepare to lose hours of time on his site):

Recommendations

CraigW
    Free Member

I’ve got a Forerunner 110 and its fine. But I think the newer and cheaper Forerunner 10 is better. It is a bit smaller/lighter, and has a few more features, eg virtual pacer, or intervals.
    Or Forerunner 15 if you want to use it with a heart rate monitor or footpod.

willard

You could always try finding a ForeRunner 310 XT if you want something with a bit more battery life. As they are old (not this year’s model) you could probably pick one up relatively cheap now.

Pieface

What do you want to use it for? Just to record progress, navigate, use on bike as well?

Forerunner 220 here, very nice but even as a ‘basic’ running GPS has far more features than I’d use (e.g. setting up training intervals)

hammyuk
    Free Member

Loads of 310XT’s on ebay and plenty of new ones for £100’ish with warranty

turboferret

Maxray – the Garmin Forerunner 15 sounds as though it’s exactly what you’re after – GPS and activity monitor combined.

Cheers, Rich

windydave13
    Free Member

Loving my 910XT but more for the multi-sport option

Dave

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Runners’ is closed to new replies.