• This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by wl.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Rumours of new climbing wall in Elland near Halifax
  • wl
    Free Member

Anyone know anything about this? I've heard about what's supposedly going to be a mint new climbing wall planned for Elland. Decent walls, a chimney, small shop and loads of events. Bring it on, I say. Anyone got any inside info? Cheers.

grumm
    Free Member

Might have more joy asking on ukclimbing.com

wildrnes
    Free Member

sounds interesting
    and fairly close to me too

Craggyjim
    Free Member

Its from the MCC lot. I've heard that there is going to be a lot of rope lines.

wl
    Free Member

It'll make a welcome alternative to Huddersfield etc

Craggyjim
    Free Member

Hmm, ignore what I said, I meant the new Harrogate wall.

wl
    Free Member

I'm guessing it'll make a good alternative to Harrogate too – gets dull using the same wall week in week out, and Elland's not a million miles from Harrogate.

yoda
    Free Member

Or there's Leeds, York (acomb), bouldering walls at Leeds(the works), Pudsey (the depot), Guiseley (aireborough leisure centre) Leeds met Uni…….have we reached saturation point yet with climbing walls in Yorkshire?

wl
    Free Member

I wouldn't have thought so. I'd be interested in trying out new ones, even if I had a regular/local favourite.

teagirl
    Free Member

There were plans for one in Skipton but it's gone quiet. And there's one in Ingleton!

wl
    Free Member

A few to choose from then. Elland's down the road from me, so I'll be checking it out and reporting back for anyone who's interested.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Rumours of new climbing wall in Elland near Halifax’ is closed to new replies.