Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rugdoctor reviews
  • blader1611
    Free Member

Anyone used one of the above to clean there carpets? Our lounge/dining room carpet is pretty grim so was thinking the above machine might revive it? Not found much in the way of reviews. We do have a vax but its not very good so i was hoping the rugdoctor would fair better. Anyone got on any advice or opinions regarding its quality and use?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The ones you hire from the supermarket?

Used them a bit moving out of rented houses (and into one) decent one off, it helps if it’s a warm day to dry it out properly. The stuff that comes out is disgusting really but it does work.

nickjb
    Free Member

Hired one once. It did an amazing job. Made a shabby old carpet look like new.

sandwicheater

Our friends hired one from B&Q and said it was the amaze balls. Kid/wife away next week and was half contemplating going over the carpets.

chvck
    Free Member

Just how good are these? I’ve got 5 years of student grime stained into my cream(ish) carpet and I’ve mostly covered it with rugs at the moment whilst I work out what to do. Is renting a rugdoctor likely to be of any use or just throwing money away? I think that my only option is a supermarket one as I can’t find anywhere else remotely local that does them.

northernmatt

Looked at rugdoctor when we moved out of our last rented place but then decided to get a bloke in to do it for us. Cost about £60 for two rooms which is only £20 more than renting one and buying a bottle of the chemicals.

midlifecrashes

They’re good, but not 5 years of student on cream good.

Supermarkets, Homebase etc are the main outlets, there’s a store locator on their website.

gobuchul
    Free Member

They do work pretty well much better than a vax.

You can save on the chemicals by use biological washing powder, I mixed it up with water and it worked fine. The fancy chemical they sell you is just a low foaming detergent.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rugdoctor reviews’ is closed to new replies.