Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 6,096 total)
  • Rugby thread 2016/2017
  • tjagain

Edinburgh at home to Treviso on this Friday. Missing our first front row and some subs. Tovey gets his first start this year at 10. Got to win this one or go 11th in the table! Tough ask tho with a lot of first choices injured and a demoralised team with a caretaker coach

Glasgow get Zebre in Italy. Should be looking for 5 pts to get back on track for a top 4 place

tjagain

So given that he Edinburgh game is likely to be dross at best and Glasgow are not on the telly then what games should I watch this weekend?

Whats going to give me good entertainment? A close game with lots of attacking skill on display?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Spreys v Diff tomorrow’s night might be a good game.

Albanach
    Free Member

If the weather is good Connacht versus Ulster should be a good game as well as the other Irish Derby.

jambalaya
    Free Member

4 Racing 92 players have failed a drug test after the Top 14 final. No more details as of yet.

tjagain

Details are out there. Dan Carter was one he had a TUE as had the rest IIRC

jambalaya
    Free Member

Carter and Rococo tested positive for Cortisone I believe. As I have posted before Carter looked crocked from the European QF vs Toulon I went to and imo needed injections to play the back end of the season. He was pretty quiet in the European and Top 14 final. So I can imagine he had injections and you would think the club would have gotten approval.

tjagain

read the link above jamba – they did have TUEs

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, Blues lucky to stay at 14 during the first half! Could have been two yellows.

Sam Davies is playing some sublime rugby, from hand and boot. Deliciously timed passes and beautiful kicking.

Spreys well on top at half time.

Pigface
    Free Member

Shhhhh you’ll jinx it

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, that was a decent start to the second half! 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

OOF!

Six tries. 35 minutes left.

Pigface
    Free Member

Either the Blues are rubbish or the O’s are brilliant, this is a stuffing

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Matavesi sitting Anscombe down was a bit special.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Sat through Bath Sale last night; the reffing was terrible particularly at scrum time. The guy just didn’t communicate with the players or stamp any authority on the game.

Sale went through a lot of phases but had no direction. Bath looked pretty good and Ford kicked all my of his goals. The little likes of Wasps and Sarries still look a step above Bath who as the Tigers showed the other week lack a plan B if you stop plan A.

wrecker
    Free Member

Bath clearly the better team, but lacked a little something without Louw, Sale had lots of possession.

anagallis_arvensis

Has Aled Brew learnt to catch yet?

wrecker
    Free Member

He was OK, pretty good to be fair to him. Well, until Leota started rag-dolling him for little or no reason. He was lucky to get away with a yellow for that IMHO.

anagallis_arvensis

He was at the Dragons before Bath wasnt he? Couldnt get in The Dregs team!!

Anyone got any idea who Jones will pick for the Autumn games? Backrow selection will be interesting as will centre and 10 as usual. What about full back? Anyone pushing Mr Angry?

Wales as ever is pretty easy just pick the only 15 left after injured players removed. Lydiate played first game of the season last night

jambalaya
    Free Member

read the link above jamba – they did have TUEs

There are questions about the paperwork, Carter seems ok the others less so

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Hmmm, Chiefs lucky to get away with a draw. Lots of mistakes and Gloucester wanted it more in the first half. Slade had a shocker.

Scamper
    Free Member

Gloucester have not closed out a match since 2009

Kryton57

In other news, 8 tries to the AB’s v SA.

If England can survive their own training camp we might beat SA.

DezB
    Free Member

Guess naughty young Aaron wasn’t too badly missed. What a performance.
    9 tries Kryton 🙂

Kryton57

A class above aren’t they. It really is them vs everyone else.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Aye, we got our arses handed to us on a plate today.. 😳
    Looked a bit of a masterclass by the AllBlacks mind.

DezB
    Free Member

Yep, best team I’ve ever seen. Great to watch.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Funny thing was – it was only 12-9 at halftime and the Boks even pulled it back to 22-15 after 58mins but it still ended as a rout.

Lienert-Brown was probably MoM again. For a guy who only got in because SBW, Ngatai, Ranger, Moala and then Crotty all got injured at various points – he’s been amazing. One good outing at 12 and then switched to 13 as Fekitoa was uninspiring – suddenly it’s like Conrad Smith has never been missed.

When you think that the likes of SBW, Aaron Smith, Cane, Cruden and Milner-Skudder weren’t available it makes you wonder……

jambalaya
    Free Member

Funny thing was – it was only 12-9 at halftime and the Boks even pulled it back to 22-15 after 58mins but it still ended as a rout.

Bok management won’t be happy they just seemed to give up.

DezB
    Free Member

Lienert-Brown – is 21 years old!

anagallis_arvensis

Bbc news just said Hughes and Vunipola are ghe best number 8’s in the country…..I have returned my tv license!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That Cronin incident is going to need some serious biscuits. [/i]

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Bbc news just said Hughes and Vunipola are ghe best number 8’s in the country.

As it was the BBC news you can assume “the country” they meant was England.

Actually Big Billy’s getting better every year. He put in a decent shift against Wasps.

anagallis_arvensis

As it was the BBC news you can assume “the country” they meant was England.

I dont doubt that but Faletau plays for Bath!

anagallis_arvensis

Actually Big Billy’s getting better every year

Lost weight too looks a lot fitter.

anagallis_arvensis

Also theres some bloke who plays for Northampton who is pretty handy too. Picknmix or something!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

MONGO RETIRE. MONGO SAD. MONGO REMEMBER GOOD OLD DAYS.

duckman

Nah; you are all wrong. Bentagain at Bath,best 8.

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 6,096 total)

The topic ‘Rugby thread 2016/2017’ is closed to new replies.