Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • Rugby fans what are your thoughts on Bakkies Botha?
  • Pigface
    Free Member

http://www.rugbydump.blogspot.com/

He is in trouble again, personally I think he is a utter c**t and would happily see him banned for life.

mboy
    Free Member

Hard to say if he’s malicious or not.

Personally, I just think he was behind George W Bush in the line when they were handing out the intelligence. He’s a big bloke, with not a lot upstairs. He is over excitable, and acts rashly, but it’s hard to say any of it is malicious…

But malicious or not, he doesn’t do the sport any favours…

yossarian
    Free Member

Another cross eyed, hairy backed german with a suntan

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Where did the choice to not penalise him during the match come from? I’ve seen a few corkers from my own team ‘Wigan’ yeah yeah I know its slightly different game but its still big men with big thighs in small short with odd shaped balls…. *sighs*

*goes for a little think about the Italian and French rugby teams*

DezB
    Free Member

He’s a mean bugger. I did laugh at the clip. Bit naughty that.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

But malicious or not, he doesn’t do the sport any favours…

This is the problem. He doesn’t do anybody any favours. He has form for this carry-on and constantly brings the game into disrepute. Life ban? Not sure myself – certainly the sport wouldn’t miss thugs like him. Season’s ban I reckon.

Pigface
    Free Member

Yeah I know a life ban is to much but Darcy you are spot on he is a thug and the sport is tough enough with out meeting heeaders like him.

lunge

I think he spends a lot of time just the wrong side of the rules. You do need someone who is a bit nasty in every rugby team but for me he regularly pushes it too far.

Not sure I buy the “not malicious” line either, what he does in that clip is done purely to intimidate the scrum half, he knew exactly what he was doing.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Where were the white pack? He shouldn’t have been able to get near the scrum half.

surfer
    Free Member

He’s a thug and wants banning for life that could have been a neck breaker.

IdleJon

I can’t access the link as I’m in work but I’ve got the match ready to watch later. Do I need to get some beer and nuts, I wonder?

20 years ago Botha would havebeen exactly the sort of player every team needed, as an enforcer. The general sort of Dicky Moriarty hardnut protector.

These days, even by SA standards he’s often well out of line.

The problem for his coach is that he is very good at being a second row.

ton

dangerous tackle in my eyes.

Scamper
    Free Member

Probebly still annoyed with having his reputation damaged in the last Lions tour.

Pigface
    Free Member

Idle John the like of Moriaty Geoff Wheall and Dale McIntosh were rock hard but werent thugs or am I looking at things through rose tinted specs.

DezB
    Free Member

Didn’t he get away with this one too?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO12nItzYdw&playnext=1&list=PL34D1D1DEF2AC674B[/video]

IdleJon

Pigface – Member
    Idle John the like of Moriaty Geoff Wheall and Dale McIntosh were rock hard but werent thugs or am I looking at things through rose tinted specs.

😆

Yeah, you definitely are!

There was so much thuggery in (Welsh)rugby back then I’m amazed under16s were allowed in!

I remember Hemi Taylor being pinned at the bottom of a ruck (deliberately pinned btw) and the Swansea backrowers ignoring the game for the next few minutes while they pummelled him. (It WAS Hemi Taylor though…….) Possibly the same match that Gwyn Jones broke his neck.

Dicky and Phil May handbagging each other behind the posts while the game played on….and so on.

Pigface
    Free Member

😀 good point well made I guess I was trying to say you wouldnt have forwards trying to break the No 9 neck the way Botha is in the clip. I can remember The Chief grabbing a Swansea lock and shaking him and wagging his finger in his face telling him to calm down. Tall skinny kid who was like an uncoordinated giraffe, cant remember his name. Very funny and I am a whites supporter.

kevonakona
    Free Member

As an ex-no9 I’d be pissed of at my pack for putting him through the middle like that. Mind you I’d expect a penalty for the “high contact”. So probably on balance a dangerous play. As for the headbutt I bet the kiwi won’t be pulling his shirt again. Watch the start.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Fantastic player.

Glad we have him our national team.

duckman

Wannabie hardman, didn’t hear much of him against Brad Thorne. Also gets in trouble for the dumbest of things,that butt on Cowan cost him what 4,6 weeks?

anagallis_arvensis

an utter **** with plenty of form

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7CM-_JlG64&feature=player_embedded[/video]
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz_EQ1wMV_M&feature=player_embedded[/video]

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

In fairness, he’s only behaving in the way that most South African males have behaved for years – they tend to deal with their wives in a similar manner.

IdleJon

Tall skinny kid who was like an uncoordinated giraffe, cant remember his name.

Jamie Griffiths?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

In fairness, he’s only behaving in the way that most South African males have behaved for years – they tend to deal with their wives in a similar manner.

And you know this for a fact, right?

Sheesh..

You really a prick aren’t you.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You really a prick aren’t you.

Hee hee.

You bit, just like I hoped… 😆 😆 😆

..after this comment, you deserved it.

Fantastic player.

Glad we have him our national team.

He’s a thug – nothing more, nothing less.

anagallis_arvensis

there’s more:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJBKpcM9l7M&NR=1[/video]

anagallis_arvensis

the player who just keeps on giving:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ0_L9EjdCk&feature=related[/video]

Teetosugars
    Free Member

It’s rugby FFS…

Go hard or go home.

It’s not Wendyball afterall..

And yeah, of course I bit..

So me saying I think he’s a good player means that it’s fair game for you to say as a nation we beat up our wives??

Really ?

And yeah, I stand by what I said..

You really are a prick..

DezB
    Free Member

Agree with (some of) that – if rugby wasn’t hard it wouldn’t be worth watching! Botha does cross the line rather too often though eh?

I’m sure A_A was only making a slightly racist joke and isn’t really a prick 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m sure A_A was only making a slightly racist joke and isn’t really a prick

It was me, and I was trolling…I’m sure that no more or less South Africans beat the shit out of their wives than any other nation.

…and Teetosugars bit.

And now he’s being all keyboard warrior and calling me a prick 😥

A childish game in which I shall not indulge for I am a bigger man (not literally though – I’m only a wee fella).

However…

It’s rugby FFS…

It is only rugby – it’s a frickin’ game – why try to deliberately hurt someone by foul play – over, and over, and over, and over, and over again…unless you’re an ignorant stupid thug – which is what Botha is.

Go hard or go home.

I’d much rather he just went hard and then went home rather than the horrible way he plays.

DezB
    Free Member

Ah sorry, DD 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

No..

Im not being a keyboard warrior.

Trust me, I say nowt on here that I wouldn’t say in person..

Just find it a bit harsh what was said..

My Dad was married to my mum for 40 years before he died and never laid s finger on her.

I’ve been with my mrs for 6 years, & wouldn’t dream of laying a finger on her.

anagallis_arvensis

strikes me as odd you would even feel the need to say that.

and Botha isnt half the player that Matfield is, and while he was serving his last ban SA didnt seem to miss him. .

Teetosugars
    Free Member

strikes me as odd you would even feel the need to say that.

Guess you didnt read this then..

deadlydarcy – Member

DezB
    Free Member

I think what A_A is saying is that if you said I beat my wife I’d say “Yeah, bitch deserved it.”
    I have no need to get defensive about something so silly.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh FFS Teetosugars, I said I was trolling you to get you to bite. Don’t bother having a pop at DezB and a_a. You’ve already lowered it with personal insults.

Pigface
    Free Member

Thats the one James Griffiths did a couple of seasons and went off to one of the smaller clubs. In the commentary on one game it was decided that he needed guiness to put some weight on. McIntosh just picked him up and shook him 😆

Teeto there was a sketch on Spitting image you wouldnt like much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hy628pktV0

😉

Teetosugars
    Free Member

🙄

duckman

Pigface…I didn’t want to post that,I must admit it had come to mind though 8) It will be interested to see how hard BB is when he encounters some of the trolls who populate the French league next year.

yossarian
    Free Member

Top colonial baiting chaps! 😉

I’ve still yet to meet a South African with a properly developed sense of humour

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Rugby fans what are your thoughts on Bakkies Botha?’ is closed to new replies.