Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Ruffty Tuffty spd shoes?
  • FOG

I seem to wreck shoes with alarming frequency and judging by the state of the soles hanging off my current pair I’m in the market for some new ones. I am not so unrealistic as to expect many years of use but are there any that people have found to last a reasonable time when soaked and mudclarted 2-3 times a week? Put like that it does sound rather unlikely!

FOG

so everybody’s shoes fall apart in 6 months?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Shimano AMs are the answer, the flappy ones. Mine are almost a year old and I ride in them at least 3 times a week, usually more like 5 times a week. And I use them to trek me up mountains, in the Alps etc.

kiwijohn

Shimano disco slippers always fall apart.
    MT90’s however, have just seen out their sixth winter.

turboferret

Mavic don’t seem to last that well, I am in need of some re-gluing to the sole of mine after about 3 rides and then a 1-week holiday 🙁

Cheers, Rich

JonEdwards
    Free Member

MP66s seem to be lasting pretty well. Especially considering I got them secondhand off here.

Take a while to dry out though.

woody2000

Shimano AM30. Ugly, but tough 🙂

Mine have lasted at least 3 years in all conditions, should get at least another year out of them I reckon.

mboy
    Free Member

Shimano MP66’s or MW80’s

Have had both for years now (the MP66’s were 2nd hand to me even), and they get used all the time. Can’t fault either in terms of longevity and protection from the elements, but light and airy they are not!

I have a pair of MO87’s for the 2 weeks a year we can actually say are hot enough to want to wear lightweight disco slippers…

deus

Sidis, the ones with the replaceable soles.
    first pair lasted 10 years of regular use, second pair are looking virtually brand new after 5 years of very rare use (use flats these days).
    Give them some dubbin/ wax every 6 months, they’ll last until the leather wears out (assuming you replace the soles every 1-2 years)

seadog101

Not expensive or flash – but my Specialized Tahoe are holding up just fine.

Chosen as they were super comfy, stiff enough to work well, but still soft enough to walk in (which do a fair bit – hangs head and looks away)

turboferret

Oh, all of my Shimano shoes have lasted incredibly well – only bought the Mavics as they were significantly lighter. Maybe too light…

Cheers, Rich

jamest
    Free Member

I have some size 10 Shimano MT90s for sale in the classifieds!

scaled
    Free Member

Got a pair of these Shimano M087L that get used every day for commuting then 2-3 times a week properly off road.

They still look like new if they ever get a clean, more importantly they dry pretty fast!

tommo999
    Free Member

I got some Spesh Expert MTB shoes about 5 years ago, ridden at least twice per week in all weathers. They are finally coming apart unfortunately, as they feel like a fine pair of slippers. I’ll be getting a like for like replacement as I can’t fault them.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Ruffty Tuffty spd shoes?’ is closed to new replies.