Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Rudely awoken at 4:45am
  • breadcrumb

Felt a little tickle on my elbow this morning, gave it a little itch and was stung by a **** wasp!

I jumped out of bed, shouting “I’ve been stung”, the poor wife didn’t have a clue what was going on! Spent there next 20 minutes tracking the little bastard down.

So how have you been rudely awoken?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

By my alarm, every morning

jruk
    Free Member

6.10 by a ‘bored’ 7 year old. I take anything past 6.30 as a lie in though.

chipster

My alarm, up for a 6am, 12 hour day shift.
    That’s a rude awakening. 😕

RoterStern
    Free Member

Was once rudely awoken by the whole house violently shaking in a 7.5 magnitude earth quake. That was the quickest I’ve ever got out of bed at 3 in the morning.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

usually on a Wednesdays when I get rudely awakened by the dustmen

bearnecessities

Edit: Waaaay to slow.

badnewz
    Free Member

5.30 most mornings by my neighbours screaming kid. Re-arranging my bedroom today to get my bed as far away from the wall as possible.

spooky_b329

For the last month or so, about 4:30am by my internal/infernal alarm clock 🙁

Today was a good morning, woke up at 5:50am

Tired!

z1ppy

We love her but our ageing tabby, has now decided that wailing for her breakfast between 5-6am, is now the accepted form. She gone deaf, so volume is an issue…

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

usually on a Wednesdays when I get rudely awakened by the dustmen

Have you considered feeding the pigeons or sometimes the sparrows, an enormous sense of well being can be had?

I was awoken by something running across my face, it was a mouse.

simmy
    Free Member

Do it, it will give you an enormous feeling of well being, safe in the knowledge there will always be a bit of your heart devoted to it.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

4 and 2 year olds…

mrsfry
    Free Member

Are you sure it was a wasp and not a dart from a blow pipe? Does your OH have a lot of holiday brochures?

jimw
    Free Member

4.25 am, similar to z1ppy but a 16 year old Golden Retriever who, bless her, is trying to be good but doesn’t have the bladder capacity she once had. It has been between 4 and 5 am every day for nigh on a year since she had her last little cerebral episode. We live in a semi so can’t ignore the bark for our neighbours sake

phiiiiil

Years ago I dreamt that my alarm had gone off so dutifully got up, showered, dressed and was half way through breakfast when I noticed it was only three in the morning. Ooops.

johndoh
    Free Member

I was woken by what I thought were burglars in the house – shot out of the bed naked and ran down the stairs with my heart racing, ready to confront them (I had no idea what I was going to do).

Turned out it was a soot fall (or most likely some masonry) coming down the shared chimney in the terraced house – when I later checked I could see soot all over the floor in next door’s front room.

DrP

Today it as 0420 by the wingey one year old…
    Normally our day starts between 0530-0600. Oddly, if the toddler doesn’t wake us, the 6 year old climbs into bed about 6.
    They’re conspiring against us clearly….

DrP

maccruiskeen

Sleepily trying to pull the heavy winter duvet up, losing grip and karate chopping myself in the throat

or

A while back some friends got married and the do was pretty informal – a quick service followed by a weekend of 60 of us camping in a field next to a pub that did great food and beer supplement by a van load Calais cash and carry £1 a bottle ‘Eastenders’ brand champagne. To make things interesting the order of the day meant that we didn’t get round to putting our tents up until after the pub had shut. I somehow managed to assemble my old-school back-packing ridge tent so that it was diamond shaped, 3ft long and 6ft tall and ended up sleeping half in / half out of it. A friend Tim just gave up with his tent and decide to sleep in the front seat of his car instead – parked next to me. Periodically he’d slump forward on the steering wheel – jamming the horn on and as he flailed and flustered himself awake he’d knock the lights on full beam.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

4.25 am, similar to z1ppy but a 16 year old Golden Retriever who, bless her, is trying to be good but doesn’t have the bladder capacity she once had. It has been between 4 and 5 am every day for nigh on a year since she had her last little cerebral episode. We live in a semi so can’t ignore the bark for our neighbours sake

One of the problems with getting older; you rarely awake to more than a semi…

maccruiskeen

Oh god – I’ve just had a flashback (quite literally)

Must have been about 17 or 18 and a bunch of us went camping near southport. We’d planned really badly – thinking it was a good opportunity for a booze up – the site was in fact much, much further from southport than we’d realised and the only pub we could credibly walk turned out to be terrible. Did our best to enjoy ourselves but mostly failed. Walking back in the dark one of our number started getting a bit morose and sulky. Trailing behind and eventually we lost sight of him. We made it back to the site and to the big dome tent we were all sleeping in – waited for him to appear for a while then gave up and fell asleep.

I woke up later to that awful piercing pulsing low-sun beaming through tent wall / through eyelids / hangover awakening sensation. Except there was something especially disorientating and strobing about the experience. It took a while to figure what was going on until I dawned that our depressive mate had stolen all the flashing amber lights from some roadworks and stashed them all in our tent. Climbing out of the tent it was still the dead of night and our 6ft tall, 8ft diameter dome tent looked like a scene from Close Encounters.

eruptron
    Free Member

z1ppy – Member
    We love her but our ageing tabby, has now decided that wailing for her breakfast between 5-6am, is now the accepted form. She gone deaf, so volume is an issue…

We have the very same problem. Our old git Gizmo is now over 19 and is deaf as a post. Can’t jump up on much cause of her arthritic back end. She’s happy enough pottering around but the noise she makes is horrendous especially at 5.45
    WAWAWAWOOOOOOOOOW is the usual tone until she see’s you then she gives a little meow. Barmy old bugger haha

jimw
    Free Member

One of the problems with getting older; you rarely awake to more than a semi…

I’m so old even this is a dim memory 🙂

breadcrumb

Some brilliant stories here!

I can assure you it was the wife with a blow dart as she twatted the wasp good and proper.

There only other occasions I can think when I’ve had a leak out of the bed moment would be-

Boiling some eggs one night but forgetting about them until the smoke alarm reminded me.

And when one of our double glazed windows imploded, but only the inner pane.

maccruiskeen

a leak out of the bed moment

Thats just lazy. Why not piss in wardrobe like everyone else.

breadcrumb

I’m blaming Swype for that one, honest.

koldun
    Free Member

This morning it was by my dog who wished to let me know she disapproved of the rainstorm and wanted me to do something about it.

tinribz
    Free Member

Few weeks ago a rather loud bang rattling the bedroom windows, the sound of this happening about half a mile away.

vickypea
    Free Member

Our cheeky puss cat usually wakes me up at an ungodly hour by purring in my ear or fluffing me in the face with her huge fluffy feather duster of a tail.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Rudely awoken at 4:45am’ is closed to new replies.