• This topic has 16 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by bruk.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Rucksack carriers for kids
  • tartanscarf

I’ve been using a Baby Bjorn papoose when walking with our wee one. It’s been really comfortable but he’s put on lots of weight now and it’s hurting my back even on the flat. I’m looking at one of the Little Life rucksack carriers where he’s on my back. I tried him out in one today and it seemed comfortable enough in the shop – does anyone have any experience of using them? It’d be used daily for dog walking plus a few longer walks plus things like the world cup through at Fort William etc.

Cheers
    TS

TimP
    Free Member

My little ‘un loves hers, as it gives perfect access to slap my baldy heed! Not so easy to keep an eye on her belongings like hats etc, other than that we used one to go to nursery for a good few months, and was a success

stevie750

i have a vaude jolly light and cant realy fault it. It’s comfy and the wee one likes it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Macpac, Little life or Vaude. End of thread.

They are all good, I liked Macpac so I bought one.

My daughter is frigging heavy though so that’s something to bear in mind. When we did some walking with it last that was LAST summer and she was 14kg. That plus water and junk in the back was very heavy. I was ok but I was thankful my knees were in good shape.

She’s 19kg now 😯

fadda

Fadda jnr used his far more than the pushchair (little life explorer). Shopping, walking, whenever.

Not now, though – he’s 5…

heihei

Bushbaby here. Compared it to the Macpac and found it more comfortable and a few more extra features. Ours saw loads of use in Scotland, Lakes, Wales, Pyrenees, and more locally in Surrey.

flip
    Free Member

i have a vaude jolly light and cant realy fault it. It’s comfy and the wee one likes it.

I had one of these my son loved it, comfy on the back too 😉

peajay

I bought a macpac vamoose for use at the world champs in the fort about 4 years ago, lives in my loft now, only used half a dozen times, cracking piece of kit, make me a sensible offer and I’ll let it go, I’m in lochyside by the way’
    PJ.

oddjob
    Free Member

We have a shirpani (?) which has been great but the have both grown out of it now. Ther is a sun cover which was useful but probably better with a rain cover and insect net at fort bill.

LoCo
    Free Member

little life one I’ve got is great and very adjustable, it’s the posh one, I think it was about £150 on sale 😕

tartanscarf

Thanks for the info folks.

peejay – would be interested in having a look next time I’m in FW – next week sometime? Email in profile, I can’t see yours.

Cheers

TS

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

We tried most brands before deciding on LittleLife purely because it was the brand Mrs FD and myself found most comfortable on our backs.

Our son has been in our LittleLife Freedom from 5 months and still going at 14 months and getting heavy but he loves it.

We were going to get the basic one but now glad we went for the freedom with additional storage on the back of the rucksack which is very handy.

molgrips
    Free Member

I wouldn’t use it for shopping tho. Imagine going through crowded shops with a very large rucksack on – scuse me, oops sorry, scuse me, sorry about that, oops, are you okay? Did that hurt? Yes of course I’ll pay for that etc etc.

tartanscarf

molgrips – I’m like that with the buggy anyway 🙂

Tasso
    Free Member

Macpac was easilly the best we tried as it was most comfortable and adjustable for a shortarse.

Worth trying a few for size – we borrowed a Macpac at first from someone who’s child didn’t get on with it.

Just watch out for child shoplifting incidents as you can’t tell what they are grabbing hold of out of your sight :-0

peajay

TS, you’ve got mail
    PJ.

bruk

Macpac 1 given to us by friends. Its fantastic. Wee fella loves it and kicks like a rider on a horse to make me go faster.

Try them on and see what fits you best if you can. Accessories like sunshade and rain cover are really handy.

Great for walking the dog as your hands are free and it’s easy enough to get them out and run around with them rather than having to push a pram around as well.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Rucksack carriers for kids’ is closed to new replies.