Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rubbish Chinese Torch , Might be moddable tho
  • singletrackmind

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3x-CREE-XML-XM-L-T6-LED-Flashlight-Torch-3000-Lumens-/190553638981?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Camping_LightsLanternsTorches&hash=item2c5de1c845

Quotes 3000lm, so in reality probably 1500lm.

I am guessing a seperate battery pack could be wired up to the existing terminals to give a more realistic run times .

The xml emitter is supposed to be brighter than a p7 , so 3 should be a good amount of light. I guess its usefulness as a bar light depends on the beam pattern . Touch heavy , but for £41 I am tempted to buy one .
    Anyone got one, or seen one ?

trout
    Free Member

nope not seen this one lots of new stuff coming out of china
    might be good. will be bright
    30 day warranty.

will not be anywhere near 3000 lumens.
    give it a shot and report back on here

dawson

don’t see the point – might as well get a DX for the bars (£50 including batts) – might be useful as a helmet light though

singletrackmind

Got one coming .
    Might need a battery pack from smudge .
    Why get a DX when i run 2 x P7’s atm.
    And a P7 is going to give 1/4 of the output of this badboy.
    Will also make toast / marshmallows , and work as a handwarmer too.

z1ppy

“Rubbish Chinese Torch” my two original P7’s, bought what 3/4 years ago still happily work and were only retired from bike duties this year after I bought a Trout mini (awesome).
    Little heavy as a head unit, but MTFU and you’ll be fine.

singletrackmind

I dropped my p7 torch into a 180 gallon tank of beer . Its still working 3 years later , but some of the silvering on the refector is peeling off.
    Hoping this one has a wide beam pattern , its going on the bars with maybe a pack made out of 4 x 18650 batts ., will loose the ‘handle’ but keep the clicky tailcap.

singletrackmind

WELL .
    It arrived this morning , posted from Germnany and rather quicker than the usual DX 6 week wait.
    Tis fairly heavy and seems very well constructed . Huge amount of heat sinking . Might be able to lose some metal if i use it doesnt heat up too much . Not tried to blind myself with it yet as batteries are charging now.

Trout.- Can i post it to you for a proper look over and you can do some beam shots perhaps . up to you . pm if you would like a look see .

am away at 24/12 this weekend so might not reply

infidel
    Free Member

bought one of these a year or so ago from ebay. Works OK but weighs a tonne and gave me a serious neck ache after an hour or so of it strapped to hy helmet. Yes it was a silly idea. Now lives in the car.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rubbish Chinese Torch , Might be moddable tho’ is closed to new replies.