Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Rubber Queen sizing help?
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

Thinking of running a 2.4 black chilli on a stans flow tubeless but not sure if the volume of the tyre will fit under the rockshox revelation rlt ti fork that i run, anyone running this tyre with the same fork?

chakaping
    Free Member

Yes I’ve done exactly that combo and it fits OK.

Rode them in the Alps last summer, mostly dry. Clearance was a problem one particular day – but it was the claggiest mud I’ve ever ridden on.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Cheers chakaping how did you find the front end grip?

BearBack
    Free Member

The 2.2 RQ is still a big tyre.

IME, 2.4 works well as a DH/FR tire, I wouldn’t fancy pedalling it.

I’d be 2.2 RQ on anything up to 160mm, 2.4 on 180+ although still 2.2 on a 180mm Genius LT as it needs pedalling.

For me, best is MK2 2.4 on 120-140mm at 20psi tubeless. A little underbraked compared to 2.2 RQ at 20psi though.

I see you’re tried all of the above though

jedi

2.4 rq out performs the mk2 2.4 hands down ime

fudge9202
    Free Member

@jedi presently running 2.2rq on the front was thinking of taking off the MK2 on the rear and running rq 2.4 fr and rq 2.2 rear, have you run thin combo and what do you think?

jedi

i use 2.2 rq at the mo. used 2.4 rq in chamonix and loved them in all conditions

chakaping
    Free Member

Cheers chakaping how did you find the front end grip?

Not terrible, but I’ve gone back to a Minion now.

Northwind

I used a 2.4 in my Revelations too. It did block up a bit in bad mud, but frankly I reckon it’s a bad tyre for that sort of thing anyway- floaty becuase of its size, and pretty cloggy. And not that shovelly even when not clogged. So was a bit of a non-issue.

Very good at hard or dryer stuff though, I quite liked it but I ended up going back to my deknobbled Nevegal 2.35s as they work well in more conditions.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Cheers guys might just stick to 2.2’s.

Neil-S
    Free Member

I’ve got a brand new 2.4″ RQ Black Chilli fort sale if anyone fancies one.

Email in profile 🙂

Neil.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Rubber Queen sizing help?’ is closed to new replies.