Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Rubber Queen sidewalls ?
  • simonm
    Free Member

Got a 2.2 Rubber Queen last month, did one ride over Cut Gate and all went well but wanted a minion on for some rides following. Went to put the Rubber Queen back on to find a slit in the sidewall.. pretty much had to be done by Rocks on cut gate.. anyone else find the sidewalls to be really week ? I guess I havnt a cat in hells chance of claiming Warrenty ! O well £33 down the drain.

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

No youve just been unlucky,

3 from my group ran them at the Mega this year with no problems, both UST and normal version.

simonm
    Free Member

Cheers Russ.. just unlucky it is !

fivespot
    Free Member

Stick a patch inside !

Martin.B
    Free Member

I have the same problem with some 2.1 Race Kings
    Now given up on Conti's

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Used RQ 2.4 UST's in the Alps last year. No problems, no punctures.

crocodilian
    Free Member

2.2 RQ's here. No probs so far. Were fine at Inners and Glentress as well as my local stuff down South.

guitarhero
    Free Member

UST version
    I'm giving another one a go at the moment.

Northwind

They didn't inspire confidence for me, they seem very flimsy and watching sealant bubble through them like a sieve was weird too. But they never did let me down, I wasn't too impressed by them but they weren't as weak as they seemed. Still, went back to my nevegals and don't miss the RQs at all.

simonm
    Free Member

guitarhero, Almost identical rip to mine – e.g. vertical

stugus
    Free Member

i've had one rip too, non-tubless 2.2

i get on pretty well with the tread/size, so will be trying another in the hope it was a 'unlucky' incident.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

2.4" RQs for me. Have coped with everything I can chuck at them, no sidewall probs at all.

FuzzyWuzzy

From what I could figure on Conti's web-site the 2.2 UST RQ doesn't have the extra sidewall protection (which is odd), I ended up using a 2.4 version in Spain and it was fine on the rocks.

robbo1234biking

Had a 2.1 race king split where the bead joins the side wall. Just came apart rather than a split

simonm
    Free Member

Considering these have only recently become popular.. there appears to be quite a few failures / rips.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Rubber Queen sidewalls ?’ is closed to new replies.