Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • RTA's
  • hora
    Free Member

Thats a personal call. If you can ‘just’ see them and mainly faintly you’d make the call that someone behind you may be travelling to fast and/or not have their eyes tested annually so rather than have an idiot approaching you at a fair whack best to announce that you are there.

Being in a pile up in horrendous conditions in the middle of a motorway in very poor conditions really isn’t the place to be.

Mitigate risk.

On a general note – I’ve seen many many people fly past me on a straight section of motorway then lift off for the bend(s) sections.

You often get this approaching Barton Bridge on the M60 southbound- bends and elevated sections seem to freak out the majority of ‘quick’ drivers I find.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Your braking the law if you use fog lights when visability is > 100m

Try this for an interesting read.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/part/III/made

At visability < 100m if your travelling at any where approaching normal speeds you wont stop, hence why they are called fog lights and beleive it or not for use in fog when you really can see f all when your probably doing about 15 mph.

Woody
    Free Member

FunkyDunc – When I leave at 6:30 am its fine. If I leave at 7:30 the standard of driving is shocking.

It’s an interesting point. IME those who leave earlier also tend to drive considerably faster and have much better road sense,

I’ve also found the gulf between commuters and ‘weekend’ drivers to be just as big. There are obviously several factors to be taken into account but I think a big difference is that when people are travelling quickly and with a purpose, their concentration levels are much higher.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘RTA's’ is closed to new replies.