Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • RSP Urban and other rear lights
  • sideshow
    Free Member

I need to buy a couple of rear lights as xmas pressies! £10-25 range. One is for commuting so needs to have good all round visibility, the other more mtb use.

Has anyone got experience of this thing, which seems like a more reasonable priced version of the cateye one
    http://road.cc/content/review/22434-rsp-urban-8-led-rear-light

And for mtb use I’m guessing something smaller is best, any recommendations? Topeak redlight?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Before anyone else says it, I will – Moon Shield 60.

May be at the wrong end of your budget, but it really is a very, very good light.

lee170
    Free Member

Phaart lights on http://www.on-one.co.uk
    Are really bright and also on offer at the moment!!

sideshow
    Free Member

[moon shield] Hmm short runtime off rechargables. I think both need to be long runtime off AAs. Wide beam pattern is more important than blinding one unlucky motorist no?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Short runtime? I tend to charge mine every other week or so, I reckon that’s pretty good.
    Beam pattern? The one on my seatpost is tilted slightly down and creates a massive pool of light, as well as being directly visible (but not glaring) itself.

spyke85
    Free Member

The light same as RSP is available from Edinburgh Bicycle Coop for a tenner, branded as Revolution. A good light.

sideshow
    Free Member

Nice one cheers guys. I’m going for RSP and phaart bleep (down to £5 from £20!)

sideshow
    Free Member

An update for posterity. I was very impressed with the phaart, would be super bright for 20 quid let alone a fiver! Not so thrilled with the RSP, it does have sideways lighting unlike the phaart but not nearly so bright.

dantsw13

Yes, I have a Phaart Bleep too. Very bright, and surviving a regular mtb soaking too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘RSP Urban and other rear lights’ is closed to new replies.