Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • R.S.Lower leg negative nut will not bite? help.
  • Wally

07 revelations lower leg negative nut, the hollow one that goes on the bottom of the dual air side will not tighten on the shaft because the shaft keeps turning. Threads on a bit then no more. What am I doing wrong?

kevster
    Free Member

Are the internal bumpers seated correctly, mine didnt tighten when they werent??

jam-bo

Compress the fork a bit and try again.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    retro83
    Free Member

As above, but also look in the hole at the bottom of the fork and see if the thread is lining up properly. If not, just use a small allen key to wiggle it into place.

Wally

Not bumpers, i have 5 cm of threaded bolt showing out of bottom, but nut tightens on to clear bolt and then tightens no more as the shaft turns. locating the other non air bolt side is fine.

Just removed and pressed down bumpers to check seated ok, still 🙁
    I've done this loads of times before – honest guv.

jam-bo

I meant compress the forks and tighten the nut at the same time.

Wally

forks compressed to zero travel – still turns shaft and nut 🙁
    nut is not cross threaded.

Come on hive mind – it might not be as interesting as Picolax or Lazytown, but please help.

retro83
    Free Member

you have got air in the positve chamber yes? (else there is no pressure against the rod to hold it still)

Wally

oops – pumping now
    Hurray – Viva la STW. 🙂 Skippity skip skip round the kitchen.
    Many thanks retro83 – Will remember that trick – funny how no service guide or videos mention this.

retro83
    Free Member

well, check it actually fixes it before you get too excited! 🙂

Wally

Yes – jobs a goodun.
    Now to change from remote poplock to leg lever via PP's guide – But will it be done before Mrs Wally sees the bikerepair centre/kitchen?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘R.S.Lower leg negative nut will not bite? help.’ is closed to new replies.