Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • RS Stanchion damage at bushings, repairable?
  • bigjim

Doing an overdue first lower leg lube on a pair of Rebas the other day I discovered one leg didn’t have any oil in it and there is damage to the stanchion. There seems to be a line of damage to the anodising which I think must be where the top of the bushing rests and rubs.

I’ve seen the threads about treating damage to the exposed bit of the stanchion but would nail varnish etc do any good at teh bushing area or not? There was barely any oil in my Revelations when I did them either, sort it out Rockshox, wonder if it is deliberate so they don’t last long and you have to buy them more frequently?

bigjim

bumpage

nuke

Nail varnish won’t do any good…thats used more for when stanchions have been damaged through impact when there’s a hole to fill once any burr has been removed.

Regularly change/top up the oil in the lowers particularly under the wipers to prevent an further damage and ride them until they die. They may not seem as plush because the nice shiny surface is gone but they should work fine

Pieface

Don’t think it really matters, the worst that will happen is the stanchions get really badly worn and the oil in the lowers may leak.

bigjim

Yeah I think there is a bit more friction in them now the coating has been damaged but I think they’ll survive a bit longer. Bit annoying though!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘RS Stanchion damage at bushings, repairable?’ is closed to new replies.