• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by sb88.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • RS SID reduce travel
  • sb88
    Free Member

Can anyone give me a dummies guide to what is required to reduce the travel of my SID RCT3 29er forks from 100mm to 80mm travel?
    I bought them off here as part of a frame/fork deal but soon after tried various rigid forks. I’m willing to give them another go and I believe this can be done. I work in a shop but our work is almost exclusively refurbing older bikes and I’ve mostly ridden rigid MTBs, so fork servicing isn’t something I’m versed in.

Cheers!

slackalice
    Free Member

I found this blog very useful when I was in a similar situation to you:

http://faqload.com/faqs/bicycle-components/suspension/rockshox-sid-race-2009-2010-adding-removing-all-travel-spacer

Footnote: Shortly after I reduced the travel to 80mm, to what I perceived to be better suited to my 08 A La Carte, I put it back to 100mm, as I preferred the feel with the slightly longer travel ( or slightly more sag!)

sr0093193
    Free Member

Depends on the year – 2012 and before you could just add a spacer to the airshaft. 2013 onwards you needed to buy a new airshaft (£20ish) if memory serves me correctly.

sb88
    Free Member

I believe it’s post 2012 (tapered steerer, 15mm thru axle etc). Airshaft, eh? I will look into this…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘RS SID reduce travel’ is closed to new replies.