Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • RS Sektor Upgrade – what upgrade Lyriks or Rev's
  • stevepitch
    Free Member

Thinking of upgrading my RS Sektors on the front of my Spesh Pitch comp to something more controlled and a bit more bling (I’m a bit of a magpie) but cant decide which direction to take.

Part of me would love some 36’s/lyriks but I’m struggling to justify them. I mostly ride Surrey Hills and Swinley with the occasional jaunt at Aston Hill with the biggest drop for me being about 5/6′ I enjoy downhill but it isnt the be all and end all for me.

However I may be able to get some Dual Air Rev’s and the sensible part of brain is saying these with a 20mm maxel would be more than sufficiant for my needs (plus would leave me some money for a wheel upgrade) and would allow for a lighter build (and as I ride my pitch locally for generally xc duties with the wife means less to lug about)

So I was just wondering on peoples opinions and experiences I cant say I know alot about Rev’s I know they are the same size as my Sektors but are they really that much better? Has anyone had 36’s/lyrics and downgraded to 32’s/Revs and realised they didnt need the bigger fork?

Cheers

Steve

PJM1974
    Free Member

Seeing as you’ve gone for a bike like a Pitch, it would seem a missed opportunity not to go for a 160mm fork.

If it’s any help, I went from Pikes to Wotans on my 2009 Wolf Ridge and have never found the slackened geometry to be an issue. I don’t usually bother with the travel adjust but it’s there if I need it. I bought them from a forum member for a fraction of their brand new RRP and the chap in question (hi Clong!) had certainly cared for them – the foam rings and seals are in perfect condition.

If you can find a second hand fork on here for not much cash then go for it, you may even have plenty left in the kitty for a wheel build.

BadlyWiredDog

I black-boxed my Sektors – or added the dual rebound gubbins anyway. Work really nicely now, more controlled like Revs, but with coil springs instead of air. Slightly heavier still, but on a Pitch, I doubt that’s a major issue. LoCo Tuning on here’ll sell you the parts or check out eBay.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘RS Sektor Upgrade – what upgrade Lyriks or Rev's’ is closed to new replies.