Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • RS Revs 2012 dual air – negative chamber reducing travel
  • booktownman
    Free Member

Just done a long overdue lower leg service.

When I put air in the neg chamber, it’s sucking the fork down before I get close to the pressure in the positive. Can’t say I’ve noticed this before – do I have a problem, Houston?

Conan257
    Free Member

Set the pressure you want then measure the amount of top tube showing. If you’re still at above your max travel (150mm I think), then it’s probably fine.

The whole point of the negative air spring is to such the legs down a bit and sit in a sort of neutral position. It’s when they suck down too far that you have a problem (ie, air moving from positive to negative).

jairaj

When re-assembling the forks make sure the air shaft is fully extended when putting the lowers back on.

I once re-assembled with the air shaft at ~50% and could not get the forks to behave correctly, I was loosing a lot of travel.

Took the lowers off and tried again, but this time taking care to not compress the air shaft too much and they fine after that.

ichabod
    Free Member

Hey I had exactly the same issue and found a kind of fix although they are still not quite right:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/rev-u-turns-sucking-down-after-service

jairaj – good tip there, I suspected that may have something to do with it so am going to give it a go tonight and see if it improves things!

ichabod
    Free Member

An update to help anyone else in with the same issue.. I did as suggested and ensured that the air piston was fully extended before pushing in the air piston base cap and circlip. I also wound the Uturn down to min travel before installing the top cap. Afterwards I wound out to max travel again and put the lowers on. Result: perfectly working fork again!!!

booktownman
    Free Member

I did as you suggested and there’s an improvement, but I’m still about 5mm down. I’ll probably leave it at that until they go off for an upper service.

I didn’t do any messing with circlips and the like.

Cheers!

BTM

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘RS Revs 2012 dual air – negative chamber reducing travel’ is closed to new replies.