Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • RS Revs 2009 – Scratched/worn stanchions – What they worth?
  • mrh86

Bought some new rockshox revelations around 2 months ago – after only 5 rides one of the stanchions got quite a deep scratch in it whilst on the bike rack on the back of my car!!!!

Filled the scratches in quite nicely with nail varnish – but there is now some wear on the stanchion from where I sanded the nail varnish down (used 1500 grade sandpaper). All the scrathes, as i have said, are filled nicely, but there is a worn area that runs for about 10 cm vertically due to sanding the nail varnish. Not completely worn through but when you hold it at an angle you can see the wear.

What do you reckon these are worth second hand?

Pics @ http://www.flickr.com/photos/37603524@N08/

Cheers

rolfharris
    Free Member

I'll be honest with you, last year I bought a pair of Reba World cups, from earlier in the year, for £150 in much the same condition. A year later I could only get £100 for them.

jonb
    Free Member

Not worth selling? Try get a quote for some new uppers before you ruin the bushings seals etc. Why do you want to sell them, just keep riding them till they die, might have plenty of life left but a buyer isn't going to want to take that risk.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘RS Revs 2009 – Scratched/worn stanchions – What they worth?’ is closed to new replies.