Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • RS Reverb or KS? (reliability and best deals)
  • hora
    Free Member

Are the latrst Reverbs now proving to be reliable? Better to get KS etc and any deals? (31.6)

zero-cool
    Free Member

No Problems with the 2 Reverbs in our house

stevied
    Free Member

KS Lev failed twice, now replaced with Thomson. 3 reverbs in the group I ride in have all developed a bit of play fairly quickly.

reedspeed
    Free Member

I’m thinking of a Da-bomb Cannon,ive got one reverb,but need one t’other bike..

gavstorie
    Free Member

had a reverb… failed lots of times

now have a ks lev integra and its been spot on.. Reverbs are too fragile

Northwind

TBH individual experience isn’t very useful, if anyone on here owns a hundred Reverbs and a hundred KSs we should listen to them.

(my 2 KSs have been very reliable and easy to use, and have had probably 10 times as much use as my Reverb, which hasn’t, and which has a rubbish remote that literally works best fitted upside down and back to front. The Reverb’s OK but I wish I’d bought a Lev, I just got the Reverb because it was cheap)

hora
    Free Member

That da bomb looks like my old KS. A copy?

matther01
    Free Member

Hora – I’ve got a KS LEV 31.6 125mm for sale…but go on holiday tomorrow!

hora
    Free Member

If you are anywhere near New st station you could meet my evil sister inlaw- she lives across from Cherry Reds bar

domderbyshire
    Free Member

My Lev Integra has been excellent and the remote system mates with ODI grips.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I had a reverb that provided faultless service for 2 years. It did develop a bit of play (rotational and fore&aft play) quite early on, but it never really got any worse and was fine. Only just needing a service now after 2 years. i got another one as I want to service it myself and take my time over it. Other reverbs in my group have been fine. I would have love to have got a Thompson, but they were twice the price I could get a reverb for.

The brand new reverb I got the other week has a small amount of play (again rotational and fore and aft) out of the box so I don’t think that is a problem as such.

jam-bo

The reverb remote is a good reason to not go with a reverb. It’s the most unergonomic, awkward to mount, fragile piece of crap.

singlespeedstu

Just buy the cheapest you can find then bitch about it on here.
    A bit like the way you do with most other things.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Wife has a reverb which has been replaced under warranty when it started sinking. Both of my lev droppers have been fine. I prefer the zero cable growth on the lev. Mate has crashed two buttons off. I’d love a Thomson as I hear it’s really good in terms of not suffering rotational play but I’d really like to be able to get inside it to do a slider service when it fills up with crap.

euans2
    Free Member

I’ve owned 1 x Lev and 2 x Reverbs, both reverbs have been spot on, the Lev on the other hand is on it’s 3rd cartridge, the only thing saving the Lev from the bin is that it is very easy to work on and a new cartridge is only £55

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I’ve had a couple of KS seatposts, still got one of them, both reliable. Once, the 27.2 one I had dropped inside itself, the nut on the bottom needed to be tightened. Sorted on the trail.

I took it apart once too, after about 2 years, and it was second hand when I got it, it was mint inside.

The 30.9 I got ( only to fit the frame without a shim) has been just as reliable.

Now on a reverb due to a stealth compatible frame. Early days but the reverb is slower than both KS’s which proved to be a bit of a pain in the arse on the first proper reverb ride out. Missing the KS to be honest.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Now on a reverb due to a stealth compatible frame

KS do their Integra LEV which is stealth too.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Now on a reverb due to a stealth compatible frame
    KS do their Integra LEV which is stealth too.

I heard LEV’s were shit.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Lev Integra, six months in, 120kg (if it matters?), no problems at all.

bikeneil
    Free Member

I heard LEV’s were shit.

I heard Elvis is still alive.

Northwind

The initial Lev Integra actually was shit, the cable design was really flawed- but they changed the design and I think updated it for all early buyers. Not ideal, but a save at least

It’s a bit of give and take this imo- KS have occasionally launched products that weren’t quite right. But when they do, they revise them til they are, and my experience is they support customers well (other than the “sold you something that doesn’t work” bit). My oldest KS had literally every internal part replaced when it acted up, no fuss. Wish it hadn’t needed it but it’s better than Rockshox did with the flaky gen1 Reverb.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Originally it was actuated by the inner cable remaining static while the outer moved, which was gash mainly because of friction. They changed it to the other way round and that resolved the problem.

scandal42
    Free Member

My reverb has been utterly fantastic for just over a year, slight sideways play (from new) when off the bike and using your hand to move it, unnoticeable on the bike.

Just ordered a stealth reverb tonight to match my new frame.

31.6 125mm 400 now for sale

wiggles
    Free Member

They both break but the main thing for me is

Fishers turn around time for reverb warranty is ~3 days (and usually replacement rather than repair)

Jungle is 2 weeks and usually a repair

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘RS Reverb or KS? (reliability and best deals)’ is closed to new replies.