Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • RS rev dual air problem..advice needed please.
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

So i was fiddling about on my revs this evening after a day on the quantocks yesterday, my forks have never felt properly plush no matter how i set them up, hence the fiddling this evening.
    So setting sag, +ve chamber at 120psi then started the -ve side i noticed the -ve chamber was at 100psi, so i inflate to 115psi then re check and its back to just under 100psi..?? done this around three or four times inflating to up to 140 psi then re checking …every time its right back to just under 100psi, is a seal gone , as i just can’t get the pressure above 100psi.

is it service time?

oh and with the poplock version is there no compression adjust ?
    I have the floodgate on full as i like full lockout on the climbs..
    any tuning tips appreciated cheers.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Had realproblems with mine too so sent them away to TFtuned and had them fully serviced and Pushed to suit my weight riding style etc etc. They came back a different set of forks (all be it for a different set of forks price!)
    I must add that I also ditched the bar pushloc as it was a complete pain in the arse , broke two of them very easily and the actual control stack was peeing oil so had the replacement manual cartridge installed, just as easy to use and no seizing/leaking problems.
    Is your pump allowing air to escape through the valve, the -ve chamber is much smaller than the +ve so each time you connect the pump the -ve will seem as if its lost loads of psi (my -ve is set to 155psi and when I connect the pump it registers as 100psi as the chamber pressurises the pump and connecting tube all the way to the dial).
    Connecting the +ve side at 145psi only results in a reading on the pump of about 140psi as its a much bigger chamber therefore less psi lost.
    Hope that makes sense and helps sort any ‘problems’

carlphillips
    Free Member

that makes sense about the pressure loss on the -ve side..didn’t think of that.
    they are a bit tricky to set up ime, get the right sag and rebound just right and they still feel a bit wrong, too hard to explain.

maybe its just im coming off the back of my old lovely plush coil pikes?
    is it possible to get revs feeling plush as coil shocks
    (revs in particular as my fox feel plush)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Send back on warranty, my GF has some from Merlin dropped then back in there and 2 weeks later returned with new valves between the +vs and -ve plus full service for free :):)

carlphillips
    Free Member

had them too long for warranty claim…

carlphillips
    Free Member

update: took some time to set sag properly and this entailed taking around 10-15psi out each leg, result… totally different ride and now I reckon they are about as good as I would want them.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

When you set the sag did you do it with 0psi in the -ve chamber?

carlphillips
    Free Member

yes I did. following another thread on here.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

What pressure and weight?

13thfloormonk

Sounds like you’re sorted, but attaching the shock pump will immediately release some air, by trial and error I reckoned it was about 10 p.s.i.

If you do it a couple of times you can figure out how much your pump releases, and can then figure out what was in the chamber before you attached the pump.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘RS rev dual air problem..advice needed please.’ is closed to new replies.