Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • r/s recon travel adjustment
  • rp16v
    Free Member

i have some 130mm r/s recon solo airs with lockout is there a way to reduce the travel on these to 100mm or around that figure using spacer kits/new internals ect?

rp16v
    Free Member

anyone pleease i dont want to have to sorce new forks when my frame arives so any help would be great.

lesoxdh
    Free Member

The concern is that you can change after market recon, but if OME you may not be able too. i have a pair of 2009 100mm recon race (solo air) which are OME and i am unable to change the travel to 130mm.

But all the information can be found on,
    http://www.sram.com/en/service/rockshox/tech_manuals.php

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

That’s an interesting question. Most folk want to increase travel. In which case the stock answer for oem is “I’m pretty sure you wont know if they are adjustable til youve taken them apart (to remove spacers)”. Some / most oem dont have spacers. In the ones I’ve had spacers seem to be either 15 or 20mm.

As you’re reducing travel I’d probably be happy to add spacers to reduce travel (its daft / impossible to increase it beyond it’s limits). In your case all its going to do is force it so sit lower on the stanchions.

btw – I’ve only gone the other way – removing spacers. If you die – it’s your own fault!

rp16v
    Free Member

lol thanks for that dont spose u have the spacers u removed? its £30 for a full kit but i only need like 20-30mm if spacers

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I do actually! For a small donation to the bullheart charity fund I’ll send you the 1 or 2 I’ve got. Email in profile.

warpcow
    Free Member

Spacer kits are about a £10 from TFTuned. Then just a bit of oil to refill.

Edit: Ok, so they’re £13.

rp16v
    Free Member

couldashouldawoulda – that would be great u have mail 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘r/s recon travel adjustment’ is closed to new replies.