Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • RS Recon forks. Any good?
  • ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

I've been offered a pair of nearly new Recon SL forks with fixed 100mm travel to go with a P7 frame I'm looking at. Are these forks any good, especially for this frame, or are they a bit "down market"?

Has anyone any experience of these?

wors

i run the u turn versions can't see what else you need to be honest, mine are a little heavy as they are coil.

djglover
    Free Member

What kind of damping do they have? The ones with motion control 351 I think, were pretty damn good. I hear that the lower numbered ones can be awful

samuri
    Free Member

mine are ace, but they are the higher end ones with adjustable suspension and lockout.

poppa
    Free Member

Check the model, not all Recon's (or most other RS fork models for that matter) are equal. You really want them to have motion control (compression) damping. U-Turn is nice but not essential. I thought the P7 frame was designed for longer travel than 100mm?

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

These must be pretty low end; no adjustment that I can see from the piccies. No u turn, motion control or anything. Just what I'm told is rebound adjust on top of left leg. Sounds like they are not right for the bike.

P7 frames can take anything from 100-140mm, according to Orange.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘RS Recon forks. Any good?’ is closed to new replies.