Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • RS Reba RL 100mm (2011) travel increase to 120mm?
  • milesey
    Free Member

Hi,
    Seen a 100mm pair for sale at a good price, only thing is I really wanted 120mm 😕
    Does anyone know for sure if there is a spacer in this model that can be removed to do this?
    Cheers.

rondo101
    Free Member

Some OEM ones can’t be upped. So without taking them apart, you won’t know for sure.

Edit – if it’s this one, then the “max travel: 100mm” bit would lead me to believe you’ll only get 100mm out of them…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

All Rebas come with the Travel Adjust Spacers inside; pull ’em apart, pop the spacers out, hey presto extra travel. 😀

Some OEM ones can’t be upped.

Really? Just that I’ve got two OEM pairs, and upped the travel in both, by removing the spacers…

scu98rkr
    Free Member

I had a feeling some of the newer ones cant be increased. I have some 2010 ones at 100mm and I think I read it on singletrack at some point try a search ?

rondo101
    Free Member

Really? Just that I’ve got two OEM pairs, and upped the travel in both, by removing the spacers…

Me to (thankfully).

I said “some” OEM ones. Not “all”. A quick search for posts on here will bring up plenty of examples where people couldn’t increase travel.

milesey
    Free Member

I was looking at these. No mention of 100mm max?

honourablegeorge

I’ve done it to two sets of them, both OEM.

I’d say the 100mm-only ones are a rare exception, if they exist at all.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

As far as I knew, all Reba’s can have the travel adjusted, to either 115 or 120, depending on the age, later ones to 120.

Scamper
    Free Member

What do these spacers look like? Bought a pair of Reba’a a few months ago from On One and there were 2 black plastic blocks about 1cm or so tall inside the box.

sssimon
    Free Member

I have a set of 100mm only ones, came off a bnoardman I think, only found out when I went to up the travel after agreeing to sell them.

anyone want a set of 100mm rebas?

milesey
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer sssimon but I’ve taken the plunge anyway. 😯
    I’m on an Anthem with 100mm Marzocchis so at the very worst I’ll have to continue at that on Rebas. Merry Xmas to me 😀 .

thesurfbus
    Free Member

My 29er Rebas can’t be extended to 115mm, I have extended a pair of 26″ OEM Rebas in the past.
    If you look at the photo in the link, the travel increments on the stanchion dont show the 100-115mm range, so I would say no.

soobalias
    Free Member

how much do you want sssimon?

pimm me and i will get back to you after work

milesey
    Free Member

@thesurfbus
    Wouldn’t the travel marker for 120mm be lower on the leg, ie further inside the lowers when set at 100mm as below?

thesurfbus
    Free Member

milesey if you take the photo you posted, if the travel was reduced to 100mm you would still be able to see the graduations for the 120mm travel, but its just an uneducated guess.

milesey
    Free Member

fair point 😳

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘RS Reba RL 100mm (2011) travel increase to 120mm?’ is closed to new replies.