Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • RS Domain 2010 – firmer coil or Motion Control
  • frogrocket
    Free Member

Hi all,

I have a Rockshox Domain 302CL 160mm that came as standard on a Lapierre Spicy 2010.

The spring has always felt on the soft side for me (80kg without kit) so just getting round to changing it.

Could get a firmer spring for approx. £30 or have seen some people have added a motion control cartridge for £?

Anyone done this before – can you recommend?

Links to further info/places to buy much appreciated as well

Cheers,
    Alex

Northwind

Spring will certainly make sense if you want to keep the fork (I weigh just under 60kg and use the standard red/medium spring).

But upgrading the damping… though it’s worthwhile in performance and motion control is a decent upgrade it’s going to cost a fair whack, you could probably pick up a set of good condition Lyriks with the better-still Mission Control for not much more. You could swap over to air to get the tunability or you could stick with spring and IIRC save a bit of weight too…

LoCo
    Free Member

Very little compression damping in the Domain Rs, spring rate may also be soft for you at 80kg however firm spring maybe a touch to syiff depending on type of riding you’re doing.
    I’d suggest fitting the MoCo as this will give a bit more control and adjustability, we list them at £60.

frogrocket
    Free Member

Was hoping you’d crop up LoCo – can’t seem to find it on your site…?

http://locotuning.co.uk/shop.html

Doesn’t seem to link to any products – can you point me in the right direction?

LoCo
    Free Member

Just checked we have one in stock.
    Give us a call at the workshop to place orders/with queries, website being tweaked soon when I get time.

frogrocket
    Free Member

Cheers will come back to you if I go for it.

Anyone out there done this upgrade with the Domain/similar fork?

frogrocket
    Free Member

LoCo – Member
    Just checked we have one in stock.
    Give us a call at the workshop to place orders/with queries, website being tweaked soon when I get time.

Is this just the damper unit or does it include the adjuster knob?

LoCo
    Free Member

Just damper but can sort you a out a knob FOC too.

deviant
    Free Member

Are you bottoming out on the Domain currently?

I have a medium spring on my Sektor and weigh 90kg, in theory i should put a firm spring in there…i spoke to TF about a swap and its cheap and easy enough but they asked if i was bottoming out the fork on rides and thinking about it i wasnt.

They suggested then that i should keep the medium spring as you can lose some small bump sensitivity by going to a firmer one.
    I think i give the fork an easy time because i tend to hang off the back of the bike when doing anything steep/technical/downhill etc etc….if i was over the front more giving the fork some stick then things might be different.

Dont get hung up on what you hear about rider weight and what spring to use, plenty of heavier riders are very light on the bike.

frogrocket
    Free Member

I have bottomed the fork out a couple of times recently but it feels loads better now after an oil change and basic service. Yet to ride again but will see this weekend, hopefully on Walna Scar.

In terms of the riding I do, bit of everything: natural stuff in Peak, Lakes, Scotland and Wales when I can plus some trail centres. Alps trip last year too in Les Arcs.

The fork felt horribly soft and uncontrolled on a recent descent of Skiddaw but that was super rocky and steep. Will compare after this weekend.

And I definitely wouldn’t describe my riding style as ‘light’ 😉

honourablegeorge

LoCo – Member
    Very little compression damping in the Domain Rs

If they’re anything like the Sektor R then the compression damper consists of a black plastic cap that covers the top of the stanchion and nothing else.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘RS Domain 2010 – firmer coil or Motion Control’ is closed to new replies.