Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • RP23 help please
  • monkeyfiend
    Free Member

Evenin’ all,

I’ve had a Specialized Camber with an RP23 shock for about 10 weeks now, its only had light use (maybe once every other week for 2 hours) and today I went out with the family for an hour and I noticed a hissing noise when I stopped.

I thought it was a puncture but on closer inspection I found it was the rear shock leaking air and pushing oil from the pro-pedal lever.

I was going to give the shop a buzz tomorrow as I’m sure it shouldn’t have failed this soon?

Has anyone else had this problem and is it an easy fix? buy an oil kit sort of thing?

Or is it a send away for a rebuild job?

I’ve only done hills and trail centres, nothing too gnarr so I’m not sure why it should quit on me like this.

Thanks for any responses,

Phill

LoCo
    Free Member

Return to Mojo with a copy of the bike reciept for a warranty inspection, sounds like it will need a rebuild.

The oil is probably just a bending in thing – or so I thought but combine that with the hissing noise? That’s not right! I’d get it back to the shop first opportunity

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

The hissing was just the air leaking out. I got the bike from Leisure Lakes and I can’t remember what warranty they gave with the bike. I’ll have to take a quick look through my receipts.

(ps always been impressed with LL service, so hopefully they wont fail me now!)

LoCo
    Free Member

If it’s leaking a reasonable amount of oil out the lever assembly it’s blown a seal and will need a full rebuild.
    LL will send it to Mojo for warranty, it’ll be quiker and easier to send it to Mojo direct (the UK Fox warranty centre)
    Means you’ll be off the bike for less time 😉

wilde86
    Free Member

thats what mine did last year. take it back to the shop, who can send it back to mojo under warranty!

ruscle
    Free Member

Why are other people giving advice when Loco (suspension guru) is giving his advice! Do as Loco said, theirs a 1 year warranty on fox suspension products.

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

sorted, cheers guys, I’ll see about sending off to Mojo in the morning.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘RP23 help please’ is closed to new replies.