Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • RP23 boostvalve
  • Terry
    Free Member

I just finished a 2011 Transition Covert build. Nice geometry, and a nice ride in general. But the Fox RP23 boostvalve is a joke, I’m able to almost bottom the shock out by jumping it in the parking lot.

I have read different threads on mtbr and pinkbike, most people go coil or find a rp23 non boostvalve. The shock has been pumped to the correct amount psi.

Any wise words from the stw panel.

DHX coil
    RC4
    CCDB
    RP23

munrobiker
    Free Member

Put more air in?

nuke

Assuming air pressure is correct and nothing wrong with the shock, try putting a Fox air spring volume tuning spacer in it; pressure should ramp up in the final part of the travel reducing the chances of bottoming out.

Northwind

Aye, it’s nowt to do with the BV- either wrong air, wrong can, or wrong tune.

fivespot
    Free Member

Try eating less pies 😆

Rorschach
    Free Member

Try an air can volume reducer of get the boost valve pressure increased (tf,mojo,loco only)

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Having had similar issues with my 2011 bv xv rp23, I’m having pretty good results at the mo with the following setup:
    Standard air can
    Running slightly more sag – 35% ish
    Running pro pedal on 2 permanently

proberts
    Free Member

Hi,
    I’ve had the same problems with my 2012 rp23, bottoms out far too easily, sag is set up right and I’ve already paid tO have the BV tune increased from 175 to 225….still feels too spongy, I liked my 2010 RP23 but this one has never felt right….looking into a rock shox monarch rt3 or getting an older rp2…

Terry
    Free Member

I’m on the heavy side 95kg, but muscles mostly. And I hit tings hard, air and drops. I have a TR bottlerocket as well with a dhx coil and 36 vans for the DH stuff.

I’m riding the mega avalanche this year and want the shock situation sorted by then.

I also heard of people getting the boostvalve removed, but I would prefer something coil yet light. TI coil offcourse.

ti456neal
    Free Member

I’m having exactly the same issues with my 2011 covert! I think a trip to TFT to get it push’d is on the cards. Never had this issue with my old HV rp23. New one sounds like s**t too! Gonna speak to surf sales to see if they can help….

alfabus
    Free Member

I’m able to almost bottom the shock out by jumping it in the parking lot.

The shock has been pumped to the correct amount psi.

These statements are not compatible.

Dave

AJames
    Free Member

Get it serviced!

paul123
    Free Member

What compression tune does it have?

It seems that many come with a Light tune. I sent my shock to get re-tuned at Mojo, they increased the BV to 220 (ish) and upped the compression tune to medium. I weigh a touch less than you and was told that I was on the border of needing a firm compression tune.

This made a huge difference to the way my bike rides.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘RP23 boostvalve’ is closed to new replies.